Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFG'd

I'd like a good voodoo Doll WAD

Anybody know one you can actually see, shoot, etc the doll instead of it just being used in, say, an instant-death teleporter?

E4M9 of 007: License to Spell Doom had some pretty ingenious voodoo puzzles (involving making bridges by punching them into place).

Here are a few that I remember:

Can see:
caesar (used as "spectators", but can be shot, and it's quite easy to become a zombie)
ksutra map24 (they are used in the mechanism to end the map)
nuts2
cydreams maps 31 and 32 (IIRC)
(and many recent maps by The Ultimate DooMer)

Can shoot but can't see:
awad2 map09
ksutra map22

I also vaguely recall a map (presumably an E3M8) where you shoot a few voodoo dolls to make them each telefrag a spider mastermind, and then telefrag the last one yourself to end the level. Edit: no, it was an E4M8, in Heroes (the original wad was TGMO2.WAD by Bruce A. Bacher, but that didn't feature the voodoo dolls), and the masterminds dying caused the exit to open up.

The ones where I haven't given a link can be found by searching the archive.

Nuts 2 has a line of voodoo dolls lining the pathway at the end of the level, i BFG'ed them the first time i finished it, thinking they where just pillars or something with the sprite changed

To be honest, I can't imagine why you'd want a voodoo doll level so badly.

Job said:

To be honest, I can't imagine why you'd want a voodoo doll level so badly.

Well, I saw an article about it on the Doom Wiki, and it looked interesting. Plus, I wanna know what the "Undead" thing is like.

Or if you want to see the zombie effect, then you'll need to avoid any ports that don't allow that to happen.

A couple more wads:
galaxia (the one by Pavel Hodek)
twins

I notice someone claimed Industrial Techware Doom (itd-r20u) featured them, but I don't remember where they were (even though I've recorded demos on each of the maps in that wad).

Chrono_T said:

Divine Intervention had a voodoo doll. I think it was on slot 6.

That's the wrong kind of voodoo doll, Chrono. Pay more attention to the topic.