Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikedm92

Why do you guys hate Rampage Doom?

I played it and sure, it is pretty mediocre but it doesn't really deserved to be hated as much as you guys hate it. Why all the hate?

EDIT: System of a Down MIDI's make me rofl.

Shitty levels
75 megabytes of shitty mp3s (see below).
illigal iwad data
annoying enemies
stupid idea of baron using guns
crap crap crap

there we go.

I wouldn't bash it so much if the creator wasn't such an arrogant, egotistical bastard, who prefers to call himself, and I quote, a "godly zdoom mapper". Add that to the top of the list of things BlackFish said.

I hated it at first because the enemies took too much damage, but then I loaded the wad in XWE and halved their health. Now it's actually pretty good.

I dont hate it but I was really disappointed. I'd been looknig forward to the project for a long while. You've already read how things turned out.

Because a small hard drive demands that 80MB be quality. Hell, my entire set of editing tools doesn't take up 80MB, so why should some overhyped wad with bad levels and illegal music.

Why D:RE is shit:

Shit, repetitive gameplay

Awful shit levels

The shit cutscene text went three words at a time, like that kid on Malcolm in the Middle with the breathing problem

The shit illegal MP3s

Beside the forgivable shit weaponry, the weapons were animated TERRIBLY. See: Rocket Launcher replacement with which you can see the space at the bottom of the screen. It's not that difficult to align sprites, for christ's sake. Also, the moronic shotgun replacement and plasma gun replacement. (A shotgun and the mancubus arms, the latter being terribly aligned and animated.)

On the plus side, it is a great example of what not to do with a doom project.

It was first somewhat fun, but when I realized I get hurt from my own fireballs... NO! Barons of Hell don't get hurt from their own fireballs! That sucked and it also sucked that I had to collect ammo for the fireballs. It should have a self recharging ammo, so you wouldn't be able to shoot it all the time. There should have been more demonic weapons and some honor for the Baron of Hell not to touch into crappy human weapons. There was a gun that started to lower the framerates when it was idle... The enemies should have had less health, if they're humans... I'm sure they're not all wearing some heavy armor or consuming soul spheres all the time.

I never noticed any aligning errors in the weapons... At least it had so much fun in it to make that kind of little errors "invisible".

Next to the horrible, repetitive levels I'd say the worst thing, as caco_killer said, is that the enemies just take too long to kill. I haven't played it since it first came out, but I recall the easiest enemy taking something like 10 or 15 bullets to kill.

On top of those two things were the totally lame weapons (why do some of the weapons not consume ammo and why does the baron fireball explode?), the silly enemies which are all based off the Doom Guy, and finally bad, completely out of place music.

I wouldn't say it was the worst WAD, of course, but I'm certainly not going to play it again any time soon.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know of a *good* wad that places you in the role of one of the Doom monsters? I was following one quite a while ago that I think was called Deim, in which you played as an imp, but I have no idea what happened to it.

RoneKyakone said:

Out of curiousity, does anyone know of a *good* wad that places you in the role of one of the Doom monsters? I was following one quite a while ago that I think was called Deim, in which you played as an imp, but I have no idea what happened to it.

"A better wad i pulled out my ass" is a good wad where you play as a Baron of Hell. You get the Baron's claw and the real fireballs to kill marines with. It's only one short level, but it's not repetitive, the marines have just the right amount of health, and there's a boss at the end. You can get it here: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12713