Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

Holy shit! Its the fountain of ideas!

If you wish to comment on these ideas please refer to them by their number. Much, much easier.

1) Option to display things in 3d mode.
(probbally stupid now that i think about it)

2) Button/keystroke/whatever to run the current level in the specified engine.
might need to replace iwad files with engines. Would probbaly assume that the Iwad is with the engine.

3) Engine specific help
For example:
list of actions for scripting
help on polyobjects
et cetera(and others dummy!)

4) graphical represention of things
show pictures related to sprites instead of arrows and squares
(Should be an option)

5) Ability to take one level from a multi level wad and save it as its own wad (it always saves all of the other levels. WTF!)

It doesn't hurt to make the best better!

6) Instant door option
creates a door(s) from the selected sector(s)
could prompt on the type of door(open/stay,open/close,close/open,etc)
7) Instant lift option
creates a lift(s) from the selected sector(s)
could prompt on the type of lift

8) Extended default textures:
store on disk with unique extension
stores default textures
more default textures for the instant lift/door options.

1) Press T in 3D mode.
2) This probably exists already, but I don't know what it might be.
3) That's what editing docs are for. I don't think an editor should be responsible for having port-specific docs.
4) This would be nice.
5) You can probably do this already, though I don't know how yet.
8) Default textures are being phased out, as Doom Builder automatically uses the nearest textures on the lines you're drawing next to.

Bloodshedder said:

8) Default textures are being phased out, as Doom Builder automatically uses the nearest textures on the lines you're drawing next to.

Not when you draw a totally separate sector.

CodePimp said:

The Defaults tab in the configuration is another story though. Im planning to remove that entirely. The editor already picks textures/flats of adjacent sectors when you draw, these settings are hardly usefull.

Ravage is right, when you draw in the void only, there is no adjacent sector to use textures from. But in that case im going to make it use the last used textures, or if you havent used any yet, just the very first known texture (ashwall?).

Also, request 4 = impossible with the current 2D renderer and im not planning to rewrite it just for this. Its not important IMO.

Also, for 5 use Save Into and specify a new filename. It will save the open level only, without all the lumps from the WAD it came from.

9) There is a door opening command, like DR open wait close, that you don't have to specify a sector to, it just does it for the sector behind it. I would like an option like this for lifts, eg LR lower wait raise

CodeImp said:
Also, request 4 = impossible with the current 2D renderer and im not planning to rewrite it just for this. Its not important IMO.[/B]

i take it this also precludes the possibility of rendering the floor flat in 2d view? (see: duke nukem 3d's automap). a 3-way-toggle button would be cool for it. off,floor,cieling.

10)
In engines when objects are circular, use circles instead of boxes for outlines.

11)
When mixing textures and flats seperate textures from flats
ex:
texture1 texture2 texture3 <--textures in alphabetical order
texture4 texture5 texture6
flat1 flat2 flat3 <--flats in alphabetical order
Intead of having them all jumbled together in alphabetical order.

I don't know if there's a way around this.

When I have 2 sectors connected to eachother, and want to make it 1 sector by deleting the line(s) connecting them, they just stay 2 sectors with missing lines instead of merging into 1.

In DCK it works like this; if the 2 sectors look like this, ignoring the dots:

-----
|.|.|
-----

If the middle texture's first sidedef is pointing to the right, and is deleted, the left sector will join the right sector.

That would be great to have in DB too.

A ruler would still be nice, one shaped like a plus sign (+!) and one x, and maybe one with both.

Default texture for lines with no textures should be the same as the next line's texture.

stewboy: that'd require changes to the doom2 engine itself :/. Anyway CodeImp there are so many things that people want that require a 2d renderer change. I think you can be justified in doing it and putting them all in.