Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

Part two of lost city

Mivalekan said:

I still can't get any of your maps to work, despite my new computer. ;/

Reinstall doomsday version 1.8.6 and the new kickstart, enable models and hires textures on kickstart. drop the zip or pk3 in the auto dir off doomsday ( doomsday/data/jdoom/auto ) and play with kickstart.
It works for everybody so it must also work for you.

Greetings.

Captain Red said:

Wait... doomsday supports slopes? Or is that just clever model usage?

clever model usage.

greetings.

Pic4 sitters was here hehehehe :), looks very cool can you drive those trucks too.
Would be an cool feature killing hellspawn with a truck, nice models again.
Keep it up.

dutch devill said:

Pic4 sitters was here hehehehe :), looks very cool can you drive those trucks too.
Would be an cool feature killing hellspawn with a truck, nice models again.
Keep it up.

No you can not drive the trucks, may be in the far future I’d doing that cant of stuff. Now I making a lot of models so far I used 40 models for this level, and still I must have a lot for the big indoor part ( toilets, phone box, lift, furniture, computer stuff, office stuff etc. ). So I try to make nice but very simple models, so low poly as possible.

Greetings.

Edit: and yes sitters was there first of all.

I'd swear this isn't Doom if it wasn't for the Pistol and the hud. Great job Sit :D

How indeed.

It all looks really cool, alot like Soldier Of Fortune 2 in my opinion. I just think you should raise the players point of view a little, the Doomguy looks like a midget here, same with Batman Doom with its large enemy sprites. I take back 'really cool', it's stunning.

http://www.sitters-electronics.nl/screenshots/lostcity7.png

Nice touch. I'll have to take some ideas from you for Xmas 2005.

Thanks Nmn, I do my best to make this a nice level.

Little Faith :
I use now a 3d modeling program, called wings3D is free, and so easy to learn ( good manual and tutorials ), and with so many facilities, that I am in love with that program ( modelling is like drawing on paper with this program and it has also UV mapping ). The only thing that it cant do is animation.

gemini09:
Yea I think I raise the view of the player a little bit, If I walk true the map then I think he is now 1.65 meter tall.

And I hope I can give some ideas to people, but my wads views are depending of models , no models and the wad views like shit.

Greetings.

sitters said:

wings3D

Wings3D is a really nice program, and it'd be nice if it got a little more publicity.

Anyways the new map looks stellar. Looks like a totally different game with a totally different engine.

Yea I try to make a other environment with doomsday, that’s why I don’t use the regular monsters, I only use solders that are modified and have a new skin.

Greetings.

No I don’t work for the game industry , I have a small company of my own and I make hardware and software for other companies, this is just a hobby.

Greetings.

I think im going to stretch beyond ZDoom...I just cannot believe maps like this are from the doom engine.

Now all we need is weapons and demons that look that good...

robindegen said:

dunno, i never released my stuff ^_^

Heh, I think if your stuff looked like his, you'd be sure to release it.

robindegen said:

awesome made, are you going to release it?

yes I release it, I think in a week or two, and thanks everybody for the command I appreciate it.

Greetings.

Wow, it almost feels as if Return To Castle Wolfenstein is being implanted into DOOM2. It really does....Especially that screenshot with the truck parked infront of some abandonned-looking buildings.

Chaoscorp doesn´t know what to say...
He is fucked...

Chaoscorp: WEAO!!!!!YAHOO!!!!OHH!!!!!MY!!!!! GOD!!!!!!