Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fanatic

MIDI Music Class Question

Guest Fanatic

Would anyone find it beneficial if I included my MIDI to show what you can do with the Sound Font Banks?

I'm about a week ahead on each class, so I can plan out what I want to do, and also finish my song in a few hours. I could just include it for a download to give people something to compete against.

Thoughts?

I decided to have a go this week, and had real trouble coming up with anything. I winded up editing an existing, unfinished tune (I hope that's okay, it doesn't appear to be against any of the class's rules) instead.

Obviously a bit of inspiration would be a great help :)

Personally, I'd appreciate being able to submit IT's or MP3's. If this were possible, I know that modplug tracker users Sir Robin & I would be into this class. I was able to load the soundfonts into modplug tracker, but I was at a loss as to save it as a midi. The option was greyed out. So, I sighed & deleted the fonts & the sequence I had done. (sniff sniff)

I could use that.

The current sounds are odd. I'm writing stuff, but it's not exactly stuff you'd expect to hear on those instruments and I'm not very into oriental music so I'm kinda stumped.

Guest Fanatic

Keep messing with the sounds, I wrote something that isn't exactly oriental sounding. Just gotta keep tweaking with it until you find a sound that clicks with you.

On the IT/tracker side, lemme look into it. Someone else is using Tracker to write like you guys are saying, then he exports to MIDI. It's a little messed up, but I've been able to fix the problems it causes fairly easily.

I'll let you know...

Guest Fanatic

What is the IT editor you're using? Is there a link for a download anywhere (shareware/freeware)?

ModTracker is the best I could find so far.

Personally, I'd appreciate being able to submit IT's or MP3's. If this were possible, I know that modplug tracker users Sir Robin & I would be into this class. I was able to load the soundfonts into modplug tracker, but I was at a loss as to save it as a midi. The option was greyed out. So, I sighed & deleted the fonts & the sequence I had done. (sniff sniff)

modplug.com

fanatic :

The history:
Impulse Tracker is a tracker originated as a scream tracker 3 copy, although as time passed it grew to be one of the most powerfull and feature packed trackers, (filters, mmx accelrated drivers)

The sad part is that due to some warez guys pirating the disk writer driver (a "sound driver" for it that produces wav files) jeffery abanoned development a couple of years ago.

one of the most interesting features is the ability to work cooperatively by linking two or more copies thru a lan (where all trackers work on the same tune and sees the changes others do in real time :) )

note though that impulse tracker is mostly a sample based tracker, although it has midi out support and as it's a tracker the layout and functionallity is completely different to midi sequencers. It runs under dos/win95 or win98 (not in win2k or NT), the recent addition of win98 drivers makes it run on all soundcards as long as win98 supports them.

Currently there is two versions 2.14 (the somewhat uncrippled shareware version) and the fully registered 2.15 which allows you to drive the filters thru envelopes.

Actually today i converted the sf2 soundbank from the 3'rd midiclass to IT instrument files and thought about the possibility to include such as well in the compo.

IT can be obtained f.ex here http://www.maz-sound.de (the trackers section)

Just a thought...if one has two computers (with two soundcards), any music program capable of producing midi signals can be used to produce .mid's *even* if the program itself doesn't support it - just route the output to the other comp's midi in and run midiox on it to log all activity to a midi file... :)