Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ixfd64

oddest place you've played Doom?

At work. But it's during either coffee break or lunch break. The computer is supposed to be used to look up adresses and postal codes and such. I found a much better use for it.

At school was where I first saw and played doom. I remember taking a few screen shots and saving them to a floppy, only to take it home and realize my computer didn't support that many colors.

Once I found the computer lab at school - empty, maybe two years ago now, I broke in sat down hid and played there the whole day. lol. Everyone thought I went home sick.

Oddest places I have played it - School library and a hotel library. I think they noticed at the hotel cause I dled RTC3057 and all the files were gone the nextday XD

WildWeasel said:

At an in-store display at what used to be Smith's Home Furnishings in Beaverton. They didn't seem to mind at all...in fact, I think one of the employees actually set it up. It was there to demonstrate the new IBM Aptivas that they had.

That's exactly what my first taste of Doom was like. It was mid 1994,
and me and my sister went to a local CompUSA where they had two PCs
hooked together in deathmatch configuration for people to try out.

I didn't start to play Doom reguraly until 1996, which I first started playing at home on a Macintosh Performa 460.

I got bored when i went to a mates house so i walked home ..Had My laptop with me !
I stoped in a AllyWay to have a Quick game of DooM 2...Icon Of Sin!

If thats not odd ...What is ?

Probably when I brought this old crappy laptop with me on a family sailboat trip...years ago. As if Doom alone didn't make me motionsick back then :\

i seem to recall trying to install it to my filespace at uni back in 95/96. think i was thwarted somehow though. otherwise i'd have been playing it in a physics lab (though not hooked up to a particle accelerator or the like, unfortunatley,heh). generally though i have a "bad" habit od slapping doom on any computer i use regularly. though havent dared at work yet as my office is quite open and it'd be a dead giveaway, in my job a few years back my desk was in the corner so i could FPS all the way, but then my entire office had regular Half Life DMs anyway so it didnt have the same subversive ring to it, never did finish that megawad i started then though :-)

On a public bus. I was alone in the seat and attempted to play it on my laptop. I did for about 3 minutes but then it got hard cause it kept rocking.

At the college my grandmother teaches at, on the machine in her office. I wasn't supposed to have it, but didn't get caught. Thats about it though, I usually haven't gotten a chance to play it anywhere else but home.

School for me. I installed Doom95 on my computer and the one my friend Chris uses in our business imaging class. We play co-op every day. Today we played level 30 on Evilution... ...ran out of time in class, right when I found out how to kill Romero with the SSG...

I have no labtop, so the places I've played Doom in have all been run of the mill locations. Let's see:

On my dad's computer (when it was the only computer in the house).

On my own computer (in my room, college dorm room, or rented house room).

On a friend's computer.

On a friend's playstation (couldn't use the controls for crap; too used to the keyboard).

Ah, what a boring life I've lived.

I've played loads of places because I have a copy on my pen drive. Any USB port and I'm Zdoom enabled. :D

However, "back in the day" I used to get my newly arrived registered Doom disks and install them on 4 machines using the school ipx network. The guys in an after school club I used to run would deathmatch and co-op for an hour or so after school.

I even had a copy of DEU installed and did some of my early editing in school. :D

Enjay said:

I even had a copy of DEU installed and did some of my early editing in school. :D

Now there is something you don't expect to learn how to do in school =P

Don't they have cellphone ports of doom? I wonder if anybody ever used them to play doom while walking in the store or something, that would be an interesting place to play. I just hope they don't play it and drive at the same time, people talking while driving is bad enough.

Enjay said:

I've played loads of places because I have a copy on my pen drive. Any USB port and I'm Zdoom enabled. :D

The computer I use in computing can't run it because DirectX support is screwed up. :/

At our school, all the classrooms have TVs that are linked to a single computer with the School clock on it, so that all the TVs displayed the clock. Some kid loaded up MM2 and didn't know that half the school was watching him play one of the goriest Doom wads in exsistence.

I considered doing that. Sneaking on, and loading up an impse picture.
It would have been super fun too.