Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starburst

how do you align ground/celing textures?

Hey, well question is same as above. I've only just started mapping and i must say that I love it so far. I know that the up/down/left/right keys align textures for the walls but what about the floor/ceiling? Any help would be terrific ^.^

PS. Awesome map editor here.

The floors and ceilings don't use textures in the Doom engine; rather, it's more of a "texture fill" based on coordinates. If you want them to align, you're going to have to align your walls instead.

Unless you are using zdoom of course, you can script in flat scaling\rotation through simple acs code.
Don't remember exactly what it is but the wiki will help you out.

starburst said:

Hey, well question is same as above. I've only just started mapping and i must say that I love it so far. I know that the up/down/left/right keys align textures for the walls but what about the floor/ceiling? Any help would be terrific ^.^

PS. Awesome map editor here.

Unfortunately, you can't because of the way Doom renders floors/ceilings vs. the walls. Usualy the only way to get the
alignment exactly as you want is to move the sector in just the
right position for the floor/ceiling texture(flat) to show up in the right position. If that's not an option, and you don't want to use
scripting, you could make a custom texture with the "correct" alignment to the sector. Or you could use/make a solid color
floor/ceiling texture, and build what you want out of several
tiny sectors.

Just remember that the flats are aligned along the 64x64 grid.