Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CommanderHoek

megawad in progress (One Against Hell)

well i'm working on a megawad right now, it's called OneAgainstHell (even though it supports Co-Op >.>) i'm not sure how to post screenshots though, so tell me how and i'll post some.

I don't know how you could have ended up with a tga, but you can convert them to something else (like jpg or gif) with most paint-like programs.

What are you using to play it with? (Doom2.exe? Doom95? A port - if so, which one?)

Exactly how to take screen shots and what format they are varies depending on that. In some ports, the simplest way is to press Print Screen and then paste the clipboard contents into your favourite image editing program, and save in whatever format you want.

Grazza said:

What are you using to play it with? (Doom2.exe? Doom95? A port - if so, which one?)

I'm not sure if they are doing the same. But when I played with Legacy and took screenshots, if I recall, they were saved as .tga. But I think I used Legacy's screenshot function dee-lee rather than the Print Screen button. :D

I believe that JDoom takes screenshots in TGA format as well. I'm not sure though.

This doesn't look to bad, but it could do with some more detail.
Gradient lighting, windows, computer panels, ledges where monsters stand on I see to few of things like that.
A little less CEIL1_2 would be nice, but other than that its worth a try for me.

this one's of a dark maze, sorry if you can't see it.

As if normal mazes aren't bad enough.

Seems kind of old school. I'd download it for a try.

EDIT: on second thought, I think this wad would be better if you actually took out the ghey custom enemies.

Heh, this wad looks like it would be a gameplay over detail set for once :) Keep it going and when it's done i'll give it a shot!

working on the 3rd level now, it's making progress, though i'm having trouble with the 2nd level. i'll tell you when i've finalized it

well, my first 2 levels are complete, if anyone feels like trying them out, go here: http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XTCEYXVFTAEJ3GFV508HDGX23

note that the link to it will only work for 7 days, so if you wanna try it out go there now i've played through the first 2 levels and it is possible to win without cheat codes, so don't complain to me that it is impossible to win.

note: you need skulltag to play the wad, double click on the wad file, choose open with: and choose the skulltag exe (the one for single player) play through it, then send me feedback on how it is.

uh.. it would be nice to get some feedback, i'd love to hear what you guys think of it. please at least try it and tell me what you think of the first 2 levels.

having a problem with a door, can anyone help me out? the door gets stuck, and doesn't open. i have the sector hight set to 80 and the floor set to 80 (it's up high) and it won't open, can anyone help?

ok, level 3 is on the way to completion. not too detailed, but i'm sure people will like it when it's ready. anyone else wanna give some feedback on it?

Heh, it looks ok... You should uber it up a bit with a port other than just good old doom2. BTW what editor are you using, DB by chance?

See:

this is a door:

---------|up--------
---------|down------

or:

---------|down--------
---------|up------

But it gets stack if you do this :

--------|down-------
--------|down-------

or:

--------|up--------
--------|up--------

any other problems are other linedef errors or a sector that is not closed...

You know you can edit posts right? You don't have to make four posts in a row.