Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jehar

Doom Online RPG! This Sunday! Gasp! *updates*

Okay I got your attention now.
What is actually going on is that I am utilizing openrpg (openrpg.com) to run a doom: the next chapter rpg.
Openrpg is a nifty little utility combining chat, map support, and data organization to make running online tabletop-like rpgs as simple as they can get.

I will be on the OpenRPG Dev II (room DTNC) with a few adventures planned out this sunday.
Itinerary (why do I hate that word):

8:00pm GMT: Orientation\General Buffer Period
9:00pm GMT: Starting the gamezor.

And this will go on for about 1-2 hours.

Anybody interested can post here or just show up.

UPDATE:

http://img146.echo.cx/my.php?image=screenie5zg.jpg
Retarded Pimpage of what things will look like... a little bit. of course i will have MUCH better maps once i get a good scenario together, but as you can see i have most of the framework set up. OpenRPG is a great program.

Roster so far:
Submerge
Tejing
Trout
Edward
Joe
Wayfaren

Yes actually the rulebook has been on the newstuff for quite some time... but I am using an edited version of that.
I got some rad character sheet templates (blood and sweat went into that), a growing supply of minis (which is easy with openrpg; you can grab any image off the web and use it as a mini), and the basic structure of a theoretical campaign.

Well this one is already finished! So there ya go?
BTW what was it blackfish was working on?

Jehar said:

BTW what was it blackfish was working on?

I believe you'd be asking about this.

robindegen said:

i would want to join, and i might know somebody else. Tell me what to do (what to download, where etc.)

again, just get openrpg at openrpg.com.
my server will be obviously labled.

BTW I wrote a little javascript program that instantly calculates skill scores, and pdk was kind enough to host it at:
http://www.geocities.com/webdude_15301/skillgen.html

Carnevil said he had problems loading it up on his server, so could some people tell me if they also have problems?

crep, i missed it! Will you be playing again this sunday?

Oh wait, no i didn't.... erm.... I'll see you then. heh.

Janderson said:

Is that the same as GMT?

no not at all. GMT is london's time, i live CET (central europe time, GMT + 1). I think EST is like + or - 8 or something

Heh. I live on the west coast, but I thought it would be easier for everyone if I aligned to the east coast. Guess I was wrong.

Well, I sat down and made a character today with jehar's help. the system is quite simple, and Jehar made an automated program to make the process go even faster.

Ichor said:

Makes me wish Blackfish was able to finish his RPG...

That project got shot down a long time ago (Jan 04) thanks to a hard drive crash (points to the thread wherever it went).

BlackFish said:

points to the thread wherever it went.

Check yours.

Updatez0r\bump:

Got two people with their characters made, Submerge and Trout. Got quite a few more who will soon do theirs.
My thanks to Sub for his early char creation; it helped me work out some kinks in the process, and it helped prove how fast it all goes now :P

I will probably not be doing this on my own server, as trials have proven rather unstable. Luckily many servers allow others to run games on them, and I will be taking advantage of this.

Now I just need to get down to having a scenario or two ready...

All in all this is shaping up quite well.

Jehar said:

Heh. I live on the west coast, but I thought it would be easier for everyone if I aligned to the east coast. Guess I was wrong.

for worldwide it's best to use gmt ^_^

Keep in mind, I managed to somehow luck out like crazy when i rolled my stats and stuff. 100 endurance ^_^ and 90s for some other stuff. (you roll 1d100). My swim skill is at 99 from the start :P Useful for swimming in lava, i suppose :P

Aight. Looks like this is gonna be a good game today.
Got 6 players all in all, I just hope half of them show up.
Will be in openrpg dev II server, room DTNC.
I will probably have a password on the room, so if you are a player, contact me for the password.

ACHTUNG:
On account of today being fathers day: the game will be pushed back one week.
Players post (especially joe and edward) if this is a problem.
Sorry bout this. Totally slipped my mind.

Okay everybody, it's today.
Same time listed as first post.
Hope to see you all there, those who made character sheets.

GAME TOMORROW!
At listed times.
Only two of the six people showed up last week, hope to have a few more faithfuls this time.
See you all there.