Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Defect

Doom for the Nintendo DS.

I dont wanna sound like a dick, but so far the only feedback i'm getting is that you are all looking into the controls far too much.

The only aspect of the controls that will not change is using the stylus for freelooking.
I have said numorous times that the controls will be 100% customizable.

If you choose to set the controls up without using the stylus, then you wont be able to look up and down. Its that simple.

There will be a menu on the lower screen for selecting weapons, it wont be in the way, its well designed. If you wish to have buttons that cycle weapons you can do so.

Please give feedback on what you wanna see a return of and what you dont wanna see.

Here's what I'd love to see in DoomDS:

* Get rid of the Pain Elementals.
* Make the pistol and chaingun fire faster than usual, but cut their power a bit. I found it a major put-off that the chaingun in Doom didn't fire that fast.
* PSX Doom's music style is pretty good, and I'd suggest using it most of the time. For boss battles and such, however, cut to some old-school style music.

Defect said:

My reasons for bringing the website online before having a programmer onboard is to draw attention to the project. The sooner the page is up, the sooner I can start advertising for a programmer.

Programmers don't work this way. You aren't going to find someone who will just write your game for you (unless you pay them, of course).

Holy crap. This idea is like an idea I had! Great idea man! I'd love to play DS Doom.

Imagine if there were like 32 artifacts hidden through the game. And every 4 or 8 artifacts gives you a cool Doom-mini game that uses the ds stylus.

This project is not commercial, i'm not making money from it and nor will anyone else involved. Everyone involved so far understands this.

Anyone out there expecting to be paid to work on non commercial projects such as this need to wake up. If you want to be paid for it, get a job in the game industry.

This project is the same as every other mod, port, TC, addon thats been made for Doom, its a community effort. The only difference at all is that this is for the DS.

Mini games are planned, thats all ill say.

So .. no programmer, no solid game design plan, no emulation for easy development, no real idea what you're doing.

I SMELL SUCCESS!!!

Although I'd certianly like to see those textures in a resource pack. :P

Thanks for the suggestions there underdude, I've taken them onboard.

Glad you like my textures, its real tempting to give them all to you.
You sound like a 'gifted' lad, how bout you make some of your own?

Haha, as you have no doubt noticed by now, there's a lot of dicks on doomworld. Good luck with this project, I think it has a chance. The page looks very professional and visually appealing, and you seem to know what you're after, which hopefully will help in attracting people to DOOM for DS.

And keep the archviles for the love of the jesus! What are you nuts?

Leave him alone. It does look very professional.you need an enthusiastic programmer tho. Yeah alot of people on doomworld have low self esteem and like to put other people down.

Here are my sugestions.
- Hexen ported instead of making your own engein, plese.
- A built in version of doombuilder using the stylus, plese.
- Doom 1 style play instead of 64, plese.
- wad format exactly the same,so you can put wads you like and play them, plese.
- skulltag multyplayer port, plese.

Havent read trough all and apologies if i am the 3001th to mention, but please give the option for freelook with the touchpad. It rules in Metroid:Hunter so it will rule in Doom ^.^