Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

animal friends

So, anybody here have any pets? I have a common snapping turtle(a young one), a river cooter, two mississippi map turtles, a few fish, two dwarf hamsters, and three chihuahuas. The snapper's my fav, I fed him a lizard the other day! Isn't that great!!

I have a cat and some aquarium fish, 30 gallon freshwater, 3 tinfoil barbs (these things are getting quite large), a black mollie, a redtailed black shark, 3 orange platys (two have died, gotten eaten or just plain vanished) and a blue crayfish

I had a crayfish, I think it was about four inches long. But turns out my snapper likes seafood! LOL

By the way, the snapper and river cooter are housed in a 55 gallon tank, the two map turtles are in another 55 gallon tank, and my fish(a jack dempsey and a blood parrot cichlid, along with a couple of algae eaters) are in an eclipse 39 gallon tank. Neither of my turtles are more than four inches, but eventually that snapper will reach nearly two feet in length and possibly 40 pounds in weight. There's a lake near my house where the neighborhood kids like to swim, I think that's a good place to release him when the time comes. jk, luckily, there's a zoo in the next town that has a collection of water turtles(a few snappers, mostly sliders) and they've told me as long as my snapper is healthy that the zoo will take him.

I'm watching my girlfriend's family's two cats while they're away in North Dakota on vacation.

Three cats and three dogs. My mom's an amimal lover, so she usually keeps wahtever animals the relatives throw at us.

baronofhell said:

Neither of my turtles are more than four inches, but eventually that snapper will reach nearly two feet in length and possibly 40 pounds in weight. There's a lake near my house where the neighborhood kids like to swim, I think that's a good place to release him when the time comes.

Better have UVB lighting on him or he won't live long enough to get that big. Same with the other turtles. Also after years of living in captivity he won't have a chance in hell of surviving in the wild. Better let him go now.

Oh don't worry, I got the uvb lighting, the basking spot where they can get completely dry, a strong underwater charcoal filter, and they're fed a varied diet. My turtles are well taken care of, but the snapper barely ever basks, but from what I read that's normal. By the way I was joking about releasing him in that lake, I hope you read on and found out what I was planning to do with him when he gets big. I'm upgrading for the other turtles, but the snapper gets way to big for any aquarium, at least any I can afford!!

so you got your self a baby leapton (snapping turtle). those get big and can out live you.

i got a skink, 3 geckos, and a chameleon. i also breed roaches, to feed the animals.

baronofhell said:

My turtles are well taken care of, but the snapper barely ever basks, but from what I read that's normal.

Yeah it sounds like you care for them well. I'm just used to dealing with abusive morons who don't know shit about the animals their supposed to be looking out for.

I have a cat named Loom and my roommate has more reptiles than any sane person should have...but he also devotes alot of time and money into caring for them all, so that's fine by me.

A dog, the dumbest one you'll ever see too. (Since when does lie down mean sit?)

my great uncle joey has a parakeet. It has escpaed out of its cage, and boy was it crazy!

DOOM Anomaly said:

One played Donkey Konga tonight. :D

LOLZ

I have two dogs.

i had two small black/white schnauzers but they were given away years ago. i still miss those bastards.

I had a gay alsation called Jasper, I had to give him away because he thought I was competing for his mate/rapist (I'm serious, before our nextdoor neighbour gave him to us it was ass-raped by a Doberman.) Ummm, can dogs tell if you're gay :(

That's funny. I don't know but, dogs can surely tell between male and female humans. My male chihuahua, before I got him a female, used to always hump the legs of female guests that came to my house! He completely ignored guys that would come over, but any girls, he launched an all out assault on their legs!!

A female, 11 year old border collie/Kairn terrier mix, whose name is Molly. She's just the kewtest little thang! :D

My sister has a dog named Duncan, and then I gave her a cat for her birthday. Naturally, she thought it'd be great to name the cat Donut.

Give that a minute to sink in.

I also had two black cats, Iggy and Fez (Inigo and Fezzik). My ex took them with her, though. Before all this, my family has had a couple of Black Laboradors, known worldwide to be the awesomest dogs ever.

2 annoying cats now, I use to have a Royal python, a florida chain king snake, a snapping turtle which weighed a heafty 16 pounds, way to many tropical fish to name, a ring neck snake caught local, a red bellied snake caught local, many garter snakes (they make excellent pets) easy to keep and feed a bit agressive tho. A raccoon for a little while till it got strong enough to live on its own. Many rats and mice for reptiles. A wild caught field mouse. Yellow spotted salamanders, red backed salamanders. Northern newts. Brook trout. Chipmunk. Eastern Painted turtle and a injured bat which i had a difficult time feeding but finaly got it to eat flies and i caught misquitos with a net and fed it with tweezers.
Also a english bull dog, a black lab, and 2 chessapeak bay retrievers.

Job said:

I'm watching my girlfriend's family's two cats while they're away in North Dakota on vacation.

Why the hell would anyone want to come here on vacation is beyond me.

On topic: I used to have a dog, but he died a couple months ago.