Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sheila

New Movie Pics - Including BFG!!!!

Check it out! Go to first4figures.com They are a company that has gotten the license to make figures based off of the movie (current one, not like the 90s movie sculpts on ebay)! Go check out the press release. At the bottom, there are 4 new pics, including (I am so sure) a pic of the BFG! It looks pretty damn big to me!

Though in the picture it looks big, it looks a bit too standard and average if to be held by someone. :D But it could be anything. :D

I'm still not sure if I am going to see this in theatres or not. :D

Eh, where? I don't see anything DOOM movie related on the site... their latest press release seems to be about a Transformers line.

Unless this is some kind of joke because The Rock is there.

myk said:

Eh, where? I don't see anything DOOM movie related on the site... their latest press release seems to be about a Transformers line.

Unless this is some kind of joke because The Rock is there.

Go to first4figures.com. Maybe you need to refresh your browser. On the homepage, you should see a news article about them getting the license for doom. There are pics from the movie on the website, including the BFG.

First 4 Figures also has the license to make statues based on WWE, which explains the Rock statue you mentioned

Inferno said:

Umm how do you know it's a BFG?

I dont know for sure, but it seems a little strange to have a single gun suspended in the air and it is part of an official press release. Surely, all the space marines would arrive carrying their own guns so to have a gun featured in the press release must make it rather special. I think it is the BFG, but only through the above logic, not because I know. It is all speculation.

I'm not sure about BFG. I'm thinking plasma rifle. I'd imagine the BFG to be bigger... with some green stuff. And that oh so adorable collapsable stock.

Uh, it's got pump-action. It's probably their take on a futuristic shotgun.

If that is the BFG though, I'm just going to add one more act of self-mutilation to the list of things I'd rather do than watch the Doom movie.

Numbermind said:

Uh, it's got pump-action. It's probably their take on a futuristic shotgun.

If that is the BFG though, I'm just going to add one more act of self-mutilation to the list of things I'd rather do than watch the Doom movie.

Um, looks like a pretty Big Fuckin' Gun to me...unless you happen to be lugging around an M-60 machinegun.

Inferno said:

Umm how do you know it's a BFG?

It kinda looks like it, but imagine the kick that it would give you if you shot it (bfg or not), it would kill your shoulder, you would need to be all ripped like the rock to weild that thing, plus it probably weighs alot so running with it would suck. :P

Hmmm...while the screenshots seem a little to be desired it looks alright, it would only be better if there were some Transformers in it...ah, killing demons and decepticons...

Nothing new in the screenshots 'cept the BFG. Honestley, it does not look like it could do serious damage.

I have totally no idea if that's BFG but as far as I know, in this Doom Movie (but I think it's rather something like "a movie with the same title as our game"...) BFG will be no Big Fuckin Gun (or Big Freakin Gun or Big Fraggin Gun) but Bio Force Gun. So if we call it BFG than that's similar to it's game version. But full name gives us proof that they've changed everything including BFG. Huh, Bio Force? Man, sounds like Bio Rifle from UT. Goddamit, I just don't get it. Why they want everything that is the most Doomish changed in this movie?

Touchdown said:

something about the BFG's name being changed in the movie

Well, i know this movie is gonna be rated R, but maybe the censors wanted it changed. Maybe they're aiming for just a violent movie, and not one with language and violence.

Well, they could keep to old BFG name - Big Fraggin Gun (or Freakin), right? Why totally change it? And they've already removed Hell and Demons to, I suppose lower age rating, cuz somebody would say that this movie is satanistic. And that's what really pisses me off. I doubt this will be even violent movie. If they've thrown away hell and demons and marines and mars and uac and real name of bfg, why won't they throw away violence? It'll be nothing more than simple sf movie with Doom title.

-->Doom movie crew don't know the first thing about DOOM, all they want is something to make them more money, some product...<--

i have herd lots of things about the DooM Movie ...Most people have told me it has nothing to do with the actuall story line from the game !

Which i hope isnt the truth !

Several journalists who visited the set just before the movie wrapped are saying the storyline is almost identical to that of Doom 3, except there are direct no mentions of "hell". The heroes will discover the creatures are from "another dimension", which presumably means viewers are free to infer that it's still hell if they want to.

But viewers that are Doom fans don't want another dimension to be just another dimension. In Doom games it was Hell and we (at least I) expect it to be Hell. But you're not right because there are no monsters from another dimension but humans mutated by some kind of Virus.

If you want more about it (and if you don't know about it already) check this:
http://www.dmop.co.nr/

It's not "just another dimension", it's a "dimension which is never named and thus could easily be hell".

Seeing as how the author of the petition has most likely never even met anyone involved in the movie, whereas the journalists who're saying the creatures are from another dimension have visited the set and spoken to members of the cast and crew, chances are rather high it's the virus theory which is wrong.

EDIT: spelling

NiGHTMARE said:

It's not "just another dimension", it's a "dimension which is never named and thus could easily be hell".

I concur.

Hmm... Okay, now I'm sure it was The Rock I've seen before, but... hey, Matt LeBlanc?

This movie has all chances to suck more than Resident Evil 2.

This is a crazy idea, but maybe they wanted it to be more "realistic". Like something the military would come up with instead of a "fun" name.