Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Games you would like to see made into movies

Well since the DOOM movie is beening made...I was wondering what other games you all would like to see become movies?

I'll start the ball rolling with three that I would like to see:

1. Theif 2 (the metal age)
2. StarCraft
3. KKND (Krush Kill 'n' Destroy) 1 or 2

Weird choices i Know..

Oh and if a thread like this has been done before..(Sorry)

I'd like to see Dance Dance Revolution done 8 Mile style, with some fat retarded beached whale turd in a wheelchair who becomes the world's number one dance dance master.

Well, there making a max payne movie if anyone didn't know. And a halo movie.

Games into movies:
Wolfenstein

Ah fuck it, can't think of any thing else...

GAmes into movies:

The Suffering

Carmageddon - Sort of like an anti "Fast and the furious." Hell, there's even a bald guy in it.

Duke Nukem - fucking duh.

Blood

The most obvious I can think of would be Half-Life and Deus Ex, as they are quite close in terms of plot to being a movie already. Losing the interactivity would be a blow (especially in the case of Deus Ex), and the film makers would need to add something substantial to compensate. And not just more explosions and car chases. :p

As a kids' film, Lemmings might be cute. Kind of done in the style of "It's a Bug's Life" (or whatever it was called), with the plucky lemmings having to solve all sorts of problems set them by some evil race that is toying with them, and finally breaking free and kicking some ass with, er, their shovels.

unfortunately, none of the games with enough depth, character, and originality to make an interesting transition to cinema will ever do so. game movies due to their very nature generally require monster budgets, and unless there are more or less guaranteed ticket sales due to the popularity/accessibility of the franchise it's not going to happen.

i'd like to see, for example, a film rendition of planescape: torment, a champion crpg known for being profound above and beyond anything else seen in a video game. if done right and in the spirit of the game, it may actually do the storyline more justice by removing the tedium of the hack-and-slash text-heavy original. not to mention that bringing the fascinating visuals of the planescape universe to life would probably be the best use of a bloated hollywood movie budget in a long time. but since it wouldn't sell tickets to stupid people based on name recognition it's not going to be made.

most of the games listed would make horrible films even if done exceptionally well, half-life and deus ex are the only exceptions i see otherwise.

metal slug 3. and i agree with aleaver about kknd.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

But I'm going to do that; nobody else steal that idea please.

DJ_Haruko said:

Oh, and Robocop vs. The Terminator.

Man that wouldn't even be a battle. That would be Terminator crushing Robocop. The end

Fallout or Final Fantasy 6, but only if I got to direct or write the screenplay. :P Also, Liam mentioned Planescape: Torment, which is an awesome game, but I think it would be a bit lackluster on the action for a movie and it didn't explore the Planescape universe that much (he only went to like 2 real planes outside of Sigil fer cryin' out loud). I have some pretty sweet ideas for other Planescape-related stories. The Baldur's Gate series would rule as a movie, but I think it would only work in some kind of miniseries format.

Ralphis said:

Man that wouldn't even be a battle. That would be Terminator crushing Robocop. The end

Agreed.

Fredrik said:

NO. RoboCop has SUPERIOR POWER and MUST WIN.

Mass Murdering Robot > Pussy cyborg cop

HULK KRUSH PUNY ROBOT

Ralphis said:

Perhaps you should read the comic book.

Robocop 4 Evar!

mallis said:

I'd like to see Dance Dance Revolution done 8 Mile style, with some fat retarded beached whale turd in a wheelchair who becomes the world's number one dance dance master.

Ah haha!!!! LOL!
This is too funny, I see these kids at our local mall doing this shit and I wonder to myself who actually dances like that?
As for games to movies, GTA Vice City would make a good movie!