Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Doom3 in Doom2?

.:DartmerC:. said:

BUT now, progress has started again, EDGE is sexier then ever and the TC is beginning its transition to 24Bit.

Don't you mean 32bit?

Nick Perrin said:

Don't you mean 32bit?

yes.. yes I do.

And to the question about the SSG.. we'll lets just say we have a few idea's we are going to throw in.

Also, in my foolishness to upload the new stuffs, I neglected to actually write correct images.ddf entries for the png files. The correction is being uploaded as I type this post.

TheDarkArchon said:

What use would be has for an 8-bit Alpha channel? :P

Alpha channel? That's how you would have sprites with transparent parts(check out my sniper rifle demo for an example)

This isn't going to turn out like the Metriod TC is it? Because that would really suck and be kinda depressing... =/

Anyways, good job guys. ;)

Lobo said:

Alpha channel? That's how you would have sprites with transparent parts(check out my sniper rifle demo for an example)

Where can I get your sniper rifle demo. Also, Alpha channels would be awesome for texturing.

Ohh.. in tutorials.
You seem to know quiet alot about EDGE, can you answer a few advanced questions for me please.

Is it possible for transparancy with png images?

Is it possible to use OGG files for sound effects rather then for music.

What specail tags are avalible for images.ddf atm?

Yes

Is it possible to use OGG files for sound effects rather then for music.

Not yet, planned for the next release.

What specail tags are avalible for images.ddf atm?

For SPECIALs, the main one is CROSSHAIR, needed for custom weapon crosshairs. There are a couple others (FORCE_xxx) which are not meant for general use.

In terms of commands, there is X_OFFSET and Y_OFFSET (used for sprites and weapons), and SCALE and ASPECT to set the scaling (should work with most stuff).

will adding "CROSSHAIR" make the png sprite stationary on the weapons hud? Because using a png sprite for ZOOM on a weapon, and setting the frame duration to -1, it still bobs around like the weapon.

I'll try it out anyway.

Andrew beat me to it but here goes...

Ohh.. in tutorials.

Bingo! I should have been more explicit :)

Yes, I just told you that my Sniper rifle demo uses sprites with alpha transparency. You just apply alpha channel tranparency(with PSP or whatever) to the image on the color you want to make transparent.

What special tags are available for images.ddf atm?

You can get a sneak preview of the absolute latest most up-to-date(EDGE 1.29 RC1 compliant) DDF and RTS on-line at my site

...in the tutorial section ;)

Can alpha channels be used to make parts of a spirte more tranclucent then others. For example, a sniper scope that fades to back around the edges rather then the sharp cutoff that we see in Lobo's excelect example.

Can alpha channels be used to make parts of a spirte more tranclucent then others. For example, a sniper scope that fades to back around the edges rather then the sharp cutoff that we see in Lobo's excelect example.

Yes you can. Instead of just having a cutout space you can now have different levels of transparency in a single frame.

Should I add an option to the front page to play doom2 with the doom2.5 weapons?

I would love that. Only weapons mod i can think of that gives quality of weapons that not only beats the hell out of the originals but would actually think ID made these themselves if i didn't know better. Doom 2.5 is fun, but hell, i have doom 3 so i don't really need it, but the weapons are fantastic for whenever i feel like taking the bus to old-school doom.

Okay, next time I play with the frontend i'll try and add that option. Might be a little difficult considering somethings, but it should be quiet do-able.

Also, I dont have much (or any) experience using alpha channels, can someone give me or dirrect me to a place where I can learn to use them in either Photoshop 6 or 7

For those interested, map04 is nearing completion and an update will be released in the comming days. Also, before this release I intend to clean up the first 3 levels a little and complete coding and enemy placement..

For those interested, map04 is nearing completion and an update will be released in the comming days. Also, before this release I intend to clean up the first 3 levels a little and complete coding and enemy placement..

Okay, its been a while since my last post - its been a while since i've looked at anything to do with this project, but work has started again. We have a new mapper/texture/anything else I can get him to do guy, Artem Tk.

He'll be covering a few maps, and when those are complete, we will probably release our next update.

As far as progress is going, this should take us up to just prior to entering hell.

Also, it'd be nice if anyone with some interest could post something, so it doesnt just look like im talking to myself ^_^

That's great news, Dartmer! I was wondering what happened to this project, especially since it is so promising.

Woo. Just when I thought it was dead. :P

Anyways, I'm gonna turn this into a stand-alone weapons mod, and balance some things out so it works well.

That ok with you guys?

I've been wanting that stand alone weapons mod for a while, it's one of the best weapon mods i've seen and the sole reason i use EDGE at all.

It would also be nice if it was possible to have an additional addon that could change the demons to the doom 3 look too, they're not bad at all, though im not even sure that can be done.

Sorry for bumping this old thread again, but I have to know:

How are things going? Any news?

Hi, sorry for the delay.
As I'm not the only author I can't give permission to use or not the stuff, still the phylosofy in the team is to share our work as far as you give us some credit. The weapons originaly were part of of a weapon mod so I see no problem to reconvert them into one again. The monster sprites were made mostly by me recycling sprites already made (as you can note), so feel free to make your own monsters with them, or a "monster mod" if you want.

As far as progress.... sadly we didn't made any significant work on it in the past months, the two australian guys (KRoNoS and Dartmerc), and me, we are currently in schooltime, each busy with his own stuff. And Nmn is finishing KDiZD.

Still, the good news are that we are still very interesed in the mod, and most of the monsters are done (still not included in the public wad), some of them will be improved by almighty Nmn, but still until that they are playable. In my perspective the maps are the main problem, but once we have time for this again I think that we'll finish them. I can't say anything for the next months, but expect a lot of new stuff in December and the following months.

As all the teams, we are open to any kind of help. At least me, don't care if you contribute with a map that doesn't have 3d floors or Edge tricks, as far as you use the DOOM 3 textures and stuff.

Feel free to ask whatever you want. And thanks fot your interest. Our web site:

http://www.doom25.cjb.net/

Sry for evily resurrecting this thread but... I wanna get the wepaons and stuff from the latest release by Kronos, and also the monsters from vegeta. Can somebody post the latest releases of these so i can play them. also, the Itriffy account for the download doesnt work, so how am I supposed to download? Kronos why cant you just put them in doomworlds wad archives?

EDIT: I couldnt read the name of the yahoo accounts first letter before if it wuz an L or an I but i tried both and it still didnt work. So yeah somebody help with that thx.

Ok, nvm about the non working ltriffy account thingy.. I signed up for that group...but there arent any files!!!! How am I supposed to download the doom 3 thing if there are NO FILES!?

Good news, if the last version you tested was that of Itriffy, then you are for a surprise here. Try the download section of our web site. And don't mind, we love to see this thread ressurrected (the once most popular thread).
Sorry but I have to ask, if you enjoy playing the mod, would you like to design a map?

Hi well actually I mean, I want the one from ltriffy. I cant get the one from the site to work, I really want the weapons, the levels and sounds would be good too but what I really want is the wepaons thats all. I want the wad featured on ltriffy, but its not there anymore.. Where can i get it? also Hell yeah If I could I'd be doing ALL the maps from Doom 3 with every little piece of detail possible...but my doombuilder wont work. And I have no idea on how to use other level editors. but yeah all I want is for sum1 to tell me how to get doom 2.5 working, and for the 5th release featured on ltriffy. thx!