It is a big download 25 MB, but you get

Map01.
Map02.
65 Models.
130 Hires Textures.

Version doomsday 1.8.6.

Set with the console command “~” the view height :

Player-eyeheight 48

Set the object view with options on maximum ( 3000 ).

Drop the zip file in the autodir of doomsday.
Enable models and hires textures on kickstart and play.

Rapport any bugs please so I can correct them.

Enjoy.

Download link :

http://www.sitters-electronics.nl/screenshots/LostCity.zip

This map was a big letdown. The models and high res textures couldn't save the boring architecture. It felt like the kind of map we all made when we first started... but with nice models. Boring gameplay with one new enemy... and ONLY that enemy, and no use of better music files besides midi. More importantly... why do I scour the map looking for spiders to press use on and lower into the ground to open doors?

Disappointing, not worth the 25 meg download.

Scuba Steve said:

The models and high res textures couldn't save the boring architecture.

It is a real life map so you don’t have crazy architectures. But just like it is.

Greetings.

Thanks Dittohead : some times a idea.

greetings.

Everybody disappointing, or only like the old school looking and playing ?.

Greetings.

Edit: There is already 1G download fro the USA but everybody falling in silent ?

I haven't played it yet, im going to download it sometime next week.
My project has an higher priority now, so I don't play many wads at the moment.
If I look to your screens it doesn't look dissapointing to me, don't know about the gameplay part though.

Considering it only takes 3 minutes for me to download, I might aswell check it out.

Although, setting Doomsday up is a bitch.

Dutch Devil: well, all the buildings look the same. That's not good imo.

ERRR, How do I install this crap anyway?
Nevermind, I think I figured it out.

Ok, I can't get it to work. The models don't show, dispite me unzipping it in auto (the map will load) I set the models to on, and highres textures to on and I don't get any models or highres textures.

kristus said:

Ok, I can't get it to work. The models don't show, dispite me unzipping it in auto (the map will load) I set the models to on, and highres textures to on and I don't get any models or highres textures.

Its working with doomsday 1.8.6
Drop the zip file in the autodir.
this version of doomsday can work with compressed files.
also need the new kickstart for it.

edit: there are no much people here using doomsday ?

sitters said:

Apparently not. I am only using it for the rare occasions that a map requires it.

Well, I tried the latest version. And it didn't load the models or anything either. I'm not going to pursuit this anymore.

Come on guys! I managed to get it with my 64k speed (gone over my damn download limit. Again.).Sure, it took me 30mins, but it was worth it IMO.

Tormentor667 said:

25MB is by far too much for just 2 maps, sorry, but I won't download that!

Yea I know. it is 13 MB textures and 9 MB models. The wad with the lowres textures and the deds and midi is 2MB.

Greetings.

Edit : thanks homer.

evilhomerdoomer said:

Come on guys! I managed to get it with my 64k speed (gone over my damn download limit. Again.).Sure, it took me 30mins, but it was worth it IMO.

The graphics may have been worth it. The levels? No.

sitters said:

Everybody disappointing, or only like the old school looking and playing ?.

Greetings.

Edit: There is already 1G download fro the USA but everybody falling in silent ?

Sitters - I've enjoyed your work, but while these maps missed the mark. The look good for what they are, but the gameplay is meh. As Scuba Steve said, only one enemy gets pretty boring, and what's the deal with having to find bathrooms to activate spiders? The fist time I activated one I was suprised it was a swtich for a door and didn't just flush the toilet :-P And were the soldiers supposed to be able to shoot through doors and walls? I was getting pegged in the street and couldn't figure it out. Then I opened a door and there was the guy still pumping me full of lead.

Please keep mapping the way you have for Hell on Egypt, The Aztec, and Chiller Castle. Those are great maps!

And for all of you still complaining about Doomsday, get over it. It's really not that hard to figure out once you understand the directory structure. Just go to DoomsdayHQ and search the forums for help. I just unzip Sitter's wads into the Doomsday directory on my hard drive and everything goes where it needs to be. However I do move the .wad file up one level so it's not in the Auto directory. I like the old-school look of Doom, but Doomsday adds great eye-candy to some wad and mods.

Peace out-

Sitters once posted:

Ok here the directory structure :

Doomsday
|
|
|------- Models
|
|-------Wads
|
|-------Music
|
Data
|
Jdoom
|
|---- Textures1
|
|-----Auto

Jdoom directory is under Data.

You can place the wad in the directory Auto and play it with kickstart.
I you can not come out of it, go to the doomsday website and learn.

Greetings

Well, this guy has been spewing out greatness on a weekly basis. He was sooner or later going to hit a dud.

sitters said:

Nope not me, to be honest with you I only have it to play your maps.
Im a Zdoom addict :)

OldMan said:

Please keep mapping the way you have for Hell on Egypt, The Aztec, and Chiller Castle. Those are great maps!

Thanks,
Yes I going back to the game play that I used for those maps, that is my own game play, and that is what I like the most.
From now on I make my levels the way I like, be course when you listening to other people you going to be crazy about the different meanings, and its never ok.

Greetings.

sitters said:

Yes I going back to the game play that I used for those maps, that is my own game play, and that is what I like the most.
From now on I make my levels the way I like, be course when you listening to other people you going to be crazy about the different meanings, and its never ok.

Opinions from other people is for most of the time a good thing, it really can help you making an level look cooler, play better etc.
But don't do everything people are saying, for most of the time do what you like the most.
There will always be people that complain about things, and others don't complain at all.
An perfect level is still not been invented, altough some do come pretty damn close to it.

dutch devill said:

Opinions from other people is for most of the time a good thing, it really can help you making an level look cooler, play better etc.
But don't do everything people are saying, for most of the time do what you like the most.
There will always be people that complain about things, and others don't complain at all.
An perfect level is still not been invented, altough some do come pretty damn close to it.

What is a perfect level ?
It is virtual.

greetings.

dutch devill said:

One made by me hehehehe.

Then you can make the perfect game play for me ?

evilhomerdoomer said:

my 64k speed (...)it took me 30mins

That was 64 kbytes per second? In any other way that's impossible to say the least.

KuriKai said:

Are you gonna release A light ded for it, For the people who are using doomsday 1.9?

Do you know when they release doomsday 1.9 ( with bias lightning ) ?
I am waiting on it.

So far I know on this moment it is only doomsday 1.8.6 for windows.

And thanks Bryant, yes I think you can also make nice levels with vavoom, but they say that the lightning and the models are not so good as doomsday.

Greetings

ellmo said:

That was 64 kbytes per second? In any other way that's impossible to say the least.

A 64kbps connection would peak it's downloads at 6.4kbps.
For instance, I have a 2 mbps download, and I peak at 200. Although, that's just tecnically, practically I could reach higher download speed with my 512kbps connection than I was actually supposed to have. It was rare though-

sitters said:

Then you can make the perfect game play for me ?

Nope sorry if it comes to gameplay, its always a struggle for me getting it right.