Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

How to Be Emo

ya emo is so damn stupid, only i just realised how stupid it is this weekend when i was at sounds of the underground...there idea of a mosh pit to swing there arms in circles and do kicks in the air, what do they think they are? ninja turtles?

Emo sucks, but that film is great. The better ending probably would have had Billy killing himself.

"get dumped...sing about it. cry myself to sleep...sing about it. slit my wrists...sing about it"

yeah emo sucks, and the screamo varient is even worse. all over my damn high school, drives me nuts. emo is no "small, close nit" group here.

alright scene kids, hang on to your girl pants!

The two biggest punk bands pulled out of a show I went to a few days ago leaving mostly emo kid bands. Fortunately it was only $6 and still had a couple good bands and there was some pretty freaking funny stuff that went on. Still better than the Philly line up of Live 8.

maggot_army said:

ya emo is so damn stupid, only i just realised how stupid it is this weekend when i was at sounds of the underground...there idea of a mosh pit to swing there arms in circles and do kicks in the air, what do they think they are? ninja turtles?

Yeah they fuckin piss me off. They end up starting all the fights. I still remember the joy I felt when I punched one in the gut.

I find it funny that the two most vocal about hating emo have the usernames "Maggot Army" and "Master of Puppets." Wake up jerks, you're bands are are worse than almost any emo out there. Hell, the last time I heard a slipknot song it sounded like that guy wished he was in a screamo band.

Yeah they fuckin piss me off. They end up starting all the fights. I still remember the joy I felt when I punched one in the gut.

But then again all 16 year olds who are [insert genre here] zealots are annoying, so I imagaine punching any of them would feel the same, then again why the hell would you punch someone because they like a certain kind of music? Probably because you're an ass.

Edit: That thing was pretty funny heh.

sure im a slipknot fan, but my account was made way before their new cd, and i do agree, their new stuff sounds like crap. but i was more pointin my view to the emo pits, which are friggin stupid. its ruins the fun when everyone is standin around these morons pulling off power ranger moves in girls clothing.

As opposed to the warpigs with steel-toed boots and studded bracelets, who are obviously wicked cool because beating on eachother is fun.

maggot_army said:

sure im a slipknot fan, but my account was made way before their new cd, and i do agree, their new stuff sounds like crap. but i was more pointin my view to the emo pits, which are friggin stupid. its ruins the fun when everyone is standin around these morons pulling off power ranger moves in girls clothing.

It ruins your fun maybe. It's fun to them however.

HOWEVER, this is not to say I like emo or any of you other idiots. I like to be "me". I don't classify myself in any genre but "awesome"

Over here, unless the bands are decidedly metal, a lot of emo kids just show up and stare at the band, clutching their girlfriends.
Sometimes I feel like the only headbanger. Sometimes I am.
Luckily we have started shooting such people and headbang count is on the rise.

Jehar said:
Luckily we have started shooting such people and headbang count is on the rise. [/B]

um, what?

and btw, yes i was in a Metallica only craze when i first got into the Doom Commune. i'm over it now, but too lazy to make a new name.

i agree with you guys that labels are stupid and such, but i think its fun. its fun to fight for something, against something else, and to hate people :-p

there idea of a mosh pit to swing there arms in circles and do kicks in the air, what do they think they are? ninja turtles?

My friend conned me into blowing five bucks on an emo concert at the YMCA once. Not only did I hear them mangle a Ramones song, I heard the worst crap music I've ever heard. You'd think that if you had instruments, you might know how to tune them. I was somehow mistaken. If I were to mention "A440" to one of these fucking jackoffs, they'd probably tell me that they're not into metal.

I owed my friend an ass kicking until he got us tickets to Ozzfest.

MasterOfPuppets said:

"get dumped...sing about it. cry myself to sleep...sing about it. slit my wrists...sing about it"

I thought that was grunge...

Emo Kids are to Punk as
Whiggers are to Rap.

Not the same thing...
(Emo) - I live in the suburbs, want to rebel against _____ , hair full of gel that is still lopsided, tight pants, really bad retro shirts, listen to The Cure and Culture Club.
*Is not the same as*
(Punk) - I left home as a teen, I am a rebel, mohawk or liberty spikes, ripped and patched/saftey pinned pants, shirt with actual punk band name on it, listen to The Clash and Dead Kennedys.

This is called "trying to be something you are not".
P.S. There is no such thing as an Emo Mosh Pit...
It's called a "Chick Fight".

MacWadMaker said:

P.S. There is no such thing as an Emo Mosh Pit...
It's called a "Chick Fight".

lol, i agree, but the name for it is "hardcore dancing"

Dittohead said:

emo is far more pretentious.

indeed, where Kurt blew his brains out, an emo "scene kid" will prob cut one his wrists the wrong way, cry and not be able to do the other cause it hurts too bad, write a song, then bleach a random clump of hair to celebrate.

Ralphis said:

I don't classify myself in any genre but "awesome"

Who doesn't? Everybody thinks they're in the best Genre.

Maggot: "Girls clothing" The point of clothing is to cover you up from the cold/hot of nature. It doesn't matter what it looks like.

Maggot and MacWad: "On emo pits" People call emo kids sissies but I'm sure the fact that superior beings are scared to get in the pit with them proves otherwise.

Gatewatcher: I think it's hilarious sticking up for one group and slamming the other. Iguess they deserved it. Keep it up :)

MacWad: Actually Emo Kids to Punk is more like Protistants to Christianity; it's just a variation. If you like comparissons; Some posters here are to music as the KKK are to racial variation.

janderson i was in the pit, but then me and my friend back out becuase we were confused and that its boring to have a pit with only two people and everyone else is pulling off those stupid moves. and to prove that they are all sissies, they all left before gwar came out, i guess they didnt wanna screw up there stupid hair cuts

NiGHTMARE said:

I thought that was grunge...

Damnit, don't start hatin' on grunge.

MasterOfPuppets said:

indeed, where Kurt blew his brains out, an emo "scene kid" will prob cut one his wrists the wrong way, cry and not be able to do the other cause it hurts too bad, write a song, then bleach a random clump of hair to celebrate.

I guess suicide is strictly limited to people that listen to emo now. Just stop talking, you look like a fool, it's very obvious you don't know anything outside of half-assed stereotypes. Really.

Mogul said:

Only the part about suicide translates to grunge, friend. :)

Methinks you need to listen to more Nirvana :).