Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

Update shots RocketBase

dutch devill said:

Those walltextures sure look cool, what programs are you using to create them.
Something like photoshop?

digital camera, photoshop CS with redfield plugins for making it seamless, other plugins like rerender with light sources, Paint shop professionel and some other stuff
for the models : Wings3d, Milkshape3d and Mdl

greetings.

Edit : The walls wasnt much work but the door cost two ours.

sitters said:

Edit : The walls wasnt much work but the door cost two ours.

Two hours well spend, cause they look really cool nice job sit.
Edit: those doors would look cool in my upcoming map, planning to do an tech level in the near future.

dutch devill said:

Two hours well spend, cause they look really cool nice job sit.
Edit: those doors would look cool in my upcoming map, planning to do an tech level in the near future.

No problem I can send it to you, Most of the work is to make it a real 3d look, but now I know how I must do this (with some practise) , so the future textures are going much faster.

Greetings.

Tormentor667 said:

Looks nice but if it is anoter 25MB to download, forget about me playing it :(

No this is going to be much smaller. now I make the textures myself and make them 256x256 and in lost city they are 512 and 1024, ( halflife2 rips ) nice but to big.

greetings.

Wow, you need to tie all these projects together at some point and weave a bitchin' story around them....sweet visuals!

PS> will you be my mentor? I will help to bring you glory and fame! =)

seriously though, when I find time to break into 3D maybe you could give me some tips...?

Looking great as usual. Honestly, I wouldn't care if this ended up being a 25 meg download. With most high speed internet services that takes what, 4 minutes to download?

Yeah, the bias lighting seems to soften the look aswell. And it runs a couple of frames faster does it not?

evilhomerdoomer said:

Yeah, the bias lighting seems to soften the look aswell. And it runs a couple of frames faster does it not?

When you use bias lightning then you can use much less dynamic lightning ( people use dynamic lightning as sector lightning ), and the dynamic lightning is the frame killer, by much use.

greetings.

edit : yea darkman with this lightning you can make dark places and I also like this.

Very nice work sitters, how come your old links like to chiller, hell and eqypt aren't working, can you post them? I missed everything prior to chiller castle.

Xanthier said:

Very nice work sitters, how come your old links like to chiller, hell and eqypt aren't working, can you post them? I missed everything prior to chiller castle.

you go to

http://www.sitters-electronics.nl/Game.html

there you can download every level.

Dutch : yea I'd also find that looking better, but in the beta version you must do it manual ( the bias lightning )it is just for playing around. It is very nice light not like sector light that is cut of when the sector stops. I hope I can make a bias light thing in the future.

greetings.

dutch devill said:

Looks nice sitters, but where are the rockets I only see barrels ;)

this is the cargo room with the crane, with the nerve gas barrels.
then you also have a transport room with a train.
then you have also a control room.
then you have the rocket silo with the rocket full of nerve gas to destroy a part of the world.

etc. etc. etc. etc.

greetings.

Caco-Puff said:

Hard to beleive thats the DooM engine.

Well, that's because it isn't. It's the Doomsday engine. There's quite a big difference.

kristus said:

Well, that's because it isn't. It's the Doomsday engine. There's quite a big difference.

the basic is still the doom2 engine ( same as other ports ).

greetings.

kristus said:

Not even the leveldata is the same of Doom2 anymore. It demands GL nodes.

It is still a 2.5D engine, and the same cube structure, and the game play is the same. etc. etc.
Its not a brand new engine it is build on the doom2 engine, why do you think they give credits to ID software (C 1994 ).

greetings.

PS: read the source.

You can't say that Quake 1 and Doom 3 have the same engine, because they both are virtual 3D environments. And Blood engine is not the same as Doom's, though they both are 2.5 dimensional.

I'm just telling Kristus was entirely right. The engine you're using is Doomsday, not Doom.

ellmo said:

You can't say that Quake 1 and Doom 3 have the same engine.

I don't say that, but all the doom2 ports did used the source from the original engine as a basic to build the new port.
That is what i try to say with in the basic it is the doom2 engine.

Replica Religia said:

Who cares. It's awesome.

Thanks, No I don't care, they are all doom2 ports with there own features.
And the people use the port they like.
I like the doomsday port.

greetings.