Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64: Outcast along with Doom64 TC sources released

ftp://dsv@server1.thefourwinds.net/doom64/d64outcast.zip
ftp://dsv@server1.thefourwinds.net/doom64/d64tc_src.tar

PLEASE read the readme text before you install outcast, if you got questions concerning missing files or regarding installing, be sure you post it here. This is for the Doom64 TC only.

Also for those who had problems with the Doom64 TC, make sure you download the one availible at Doom Depot. As long you got direct x and a decent video card, there shouldn't be any problems.

Here are the updates for doom64 TC
07-07-05
+Outcast Levels added to TC
+Redemption Levels added to TC
+Plasma Gun improved (uses additional animation frames rather than the gun itself)
+Chaingun wobbles when shooting
+fixed fade spawn bug

Now on to the source. Its messy.. nuff said. Its based on the 1.17.XX source.

Source for both doom64.dll and absolution.exe are included.
Enjoy

It's really very good. The new levels are awesome as well as the new enemies and powerups. :D

sargebaldy said:

Damnit, if Kaiser hadn't had that arranged marriage today I'd be asking for his hand :(

I'd have to behead you and hide you in a closet then, since I wanna marry him too :P

Nmn said:

Hmm.. someone is lacking from the credits ;_;

oh shit, I am sorry. I knew I was forgetting something.. I'll update it real quick..

Finished it earlier and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for giving the Doom64 TC some longetivity, as it sounds like there won't be much more developed for it, if anything at all.

@Kaiser: ^____^

*SPOILERS!*

@TC: finished it today. The levels are pure genius. Remind of old levels but are sorta new-the thing D64 designers really wanted to do, I think.
My favorite-Traps. Genius level.
I was kinda let down with Nebula since I expected something more grand as an ending, but still it was fun. The arena was too small IMO.

I have yet to play Redemption Denied. So far I've done map 01 and map 02. Great stuff. Map 01 (Spork) was beatiful due to lighting, but very frustrating due to appearing enemies and over and over. Halls and halls also can become a bit boring without something to break them up too often. Map 02-great, can't wait to go deeper there (rawr).

EDIT: Typos

Nmn said:

@Kaiser: ^____^

I was kinda let down with Nebula since I expected something more grand as an ending, but still it was fun. The arena was too small IMO.

well..it was oringinally going to be a normal level, but since I stopped, I turned it into a 'boss' level. The final level was suppose to look something like map30 with a new final boss but like I said, Doomsday's limited assets prevented me from continuing..

oh and Pika132, just use IE for the link..

Nice to see WMULL is letting you use his bandwidth still :p

/me downloads

Yeah, I was kinda wondering the same thing when I saw that the file was on the FourWinds server.

iori said:

Nice to see WMULL is letting you use his bandwidth still :p

/me downloads

Someone else hosts the fourwind server.. I am assuming they all forgot about this account..

Hmmm, I'm using IE and can't get the link to download for me. Says that the page is unavailable at this time.

Anyone esle having this problem?

Maybe this has always been the case, but since the sprites are taller, I think the top third of the hell knights is empty so to speak. My hit scan weapons tend to go right through the taller-sprited monsters. Other than that, great. Awesome levels - easily on par with the original.

put the redemption wad in /auto. Then start a new game by choosing the 'Absolution' episode. maps 01-08 will be replaced by the redemption maps. Move the wad out of /auto if you wish to play the normal maps..

I'm probably overlooking something major, but on the Hell Gate look-alike level, I forget the name, I can't get to the panel in the wall that the switch opens up quite in time. Besides that, I'm not sure what else to do since I don't have the blue key yet, of course.

What's up with 'test.wad' in UNFINISHED? I haven't played it yet but from looking at it in an editor it looks quite finished.

Graf Zahl said:

What's up with 'test.wad' in UNFINISHED? I haven't played it yet but from looking at it in an editor it looks quite finished.

It contains some parts of Map01: Destroy and some additional stuff (including a Hell-Beneathy start). Looks finished to me too.

Job said:

I'm probably overlooking something major, but on the Hell Gate look-alike level, I forget the name,

Map 04: Darkened ;)

TEST.WAD appears to be an older version of MAP01 before Kaiser updated it to add some new areas and whatnot. I remember testing it before.

Tetzlaff said:

What is Outcast? New levels for Doom64 TC, an addon or a remake or something else?

It's an addon with new levels, monsters, and stuff like that. :P

Thanks. I will try it, I liked the Doom64 TC style, bot got eventually bored with the TC in level 20 or so.