Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
consolehack

Win 98, No midi music playing!

Hi all. On windows 98se my midi music isnt playing. Sounds work, but no music. Music bar is up full, but no music. What can i do??

Earthquake's suggestion is good.
But you might need to try different settings in the Multimedia control panel to make it work.
there may also be legacy or 'dos' sound drivers on your sound card install disk.
As with all things windows, this will affect your other applications and games unless you have different configurations or keep manually changing it.
gl.

With my 98 the sound never worked eigther. I used the win95 DOOM series with DOOM95. Never did find the problem, I just opened msdos and ran DOOM from there, music worked.

I remember having this exact issue with the onboard sound card on a computer's motherboard... I never got the music to work, even trying to get the settings right for Doom to read them. Some cards just aren't fully compatible with the DOS engines. If you really want sound to work on old EXEs, get a used ISA Sound Blaster and add it in (if you do have an ISA slot on that machine.)

Myn is a dell. It is an build on sound card on the motherboard. No sorce ports at all. Sounds work, but not music. What to check?

Ok, i looked in system devices. Went to multimedia devices. All is installed, except there is a device in that list called "disabled device" i click it, and it says this device is working properly. It is not even disabled. If this is any help...