Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AirRaid

New Prey video... booya!

Not Doom3 exactly, but it uses the engine... and they're doing some awesome things with it, portals, gravity effects, and other stuff.

It's rather large, (142mb), but it's 11 minbutes long. The high res version is IGN insider only. :/ - Here.

My favourite part - the 3 legged creature that he uses as a grenade by pulling one of the legs off and throwing it.

I wonder if this 3D-walking/portal hopping will get ppl so confused that they'll be pulling the finger on this 1 ...

baronofhell said:

awesome video, the game looks amazing

I agree

the 4 dimensional aspect alone (i know its not really 4 dimensional but yeah) is gonna make it a classic

There are some interesting-looking features in the game (the "out-of-body" mode and the Serious Sam-style gravity shifts), but it'll make or break the game depending on how well they're implemented. Hopefully there will be some interesting puzzles based around those, with solutions that aren't entirely cryptic (ahem, I'm talking to you, Shadow Warrior).

At some point in the video, the player dies and is sent to some kind of netherworld, where he fights to a portal and re-enters his body. If this is how they handle player deaths, it'll be way cooler than "die, quickload, die, quickload" all the time.

Anyway, I can imagine why it took so long for them to program this beast. Just watching the vids makes me go all funny inside.

WildWeasel said:

At some point in the video, the player dies and is sent to some kind of netherworld, where he fights to a portal and re-enters his body. If this is how they handle player deaths, it'll be way cooler than "die, quickload, die, quickload" all the time.

Yes, YES!! Innovate 2 impress.

There's a part in the video with two girls who get transformed, and then one kills the other...that part was freaky. I likes, yes i likes

HOLY CRAP. That video was unbelievable. I think we're witnessing the future of gaming here my friends.

I'll be picking up a copy of this the SECOND it's available.

Anyone notice the Cyberdemon-esque monster about halfway through?

WildWeasel said:

At some point in the video, the player dies and is sent to some kind of netherworld, where he fights to a portal and re-enters his body.

Yeah this looks really cool, I think the purpose of this is to prevent those "evil" spirits from posessing your body now that the body-soul link has been severed.