Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Proof that Romero is making a DOOM map.

Last year when there was talk about John Romero making E1 styled maps people were saying that was likely not going to happen ever, mainly because he had just gotten married, with all that entails. Well, ironically, maybe Mrs. Romero will release some DOOM maps?

Actually, that's kinda cool. That makes me look at her a whole new way. :P

Edit: Ohhhhh middle finger in the automap, how clever....

>.>

heh

I once recall about a year ago someone saying in the Newdoom forums, it was for the NDCP thing.

I don't see how Ms. Romero would think Doom Builder is difficult to use. It's one of the most effective no nonsense editors I've ever used. And I've used a ton - including EdMap. Though I'm curious what John's editor on NextStep is like and how it could possibly be more user-friendly than Doom Builder.

My guess is that the reason Romero said that is because he designed it, and in designing it, made it operate exactly the way he wanted it to operate. Thus, for him, anyways, it was about as user-friendly as it could possibly be. However, it might not apply so well to other people. Nonetheless, I'd be hella curious to know exactly what the editor was like.

Well since Romero once said that. "Back when we made Doom we didn't have at all as fancy editors as there are available now." I doubt that he found it so incredibly userfriendly. Easy to use isn't necessary the same as userfriendly.

Seeing as Ms Romero never used any editors before, I can see how it appears difficult for her.