Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

doom3/x-box/halo: combat evolved

Today, for an early b-day christmas present, I purchased the X-Box and a copy the new Halo-Combat evolved.

First of all, I will discuss the X-Box: ITS A FUCKING COMPUTER. The X-box is somekinda sick mutant crossbreed of a pc and a console, but its really good. With its GeForceIII technology and support of bump-mapping, it can do some amazing things!

Halo is nothing like I figured it would be! Its WAY better. The graphics in that game are the closest any game can get to CGI untill D3 comes out! I cant believe just how amazing it is! You have complete frredom, everyting is bumpmapped, everything has real-life correct lighting, shaping, and shodowing.. its just perfect.

The back ground on halo too, is so fucking awsome! This game is a must get, if you have an X-Box. If not, try to rent on with Halo, its so awsome.

Man I cant wait for Doom3..

*Note: Im not trying to say that the console is better than PC, becuase that would be ludacris, lol. And some statements are over excited, but you must actually play Halo yourself.

Thanks alot for writing this post. Now I don't have to write it all down myself. At least I'm not the only one that recognizes its greatness. Howvever, they need to make a PC version cause I absolutely hate playing FPS on a console...after playing FPS's on a PC...

Hehe, yeah, I know what you mean. It was supposed to be made for PC originally, but my guess is greedy Microsoft bought out the rights to make it for X-Box only.

Hehe, yeah, I know what you mean. It was supposed to be made for PC originally, but my guess is greedy Microsoft bought out the rights to make it for X-Box only.

"Bill Gates? Yes, I'd like you to meet my friend Desert Eagle.."

Sorry, there is going to be no PC version I am sure, Dark Tenshi.

Zaldron, Halo does not auto-aim. I played the game for a long enought time to realize that. The only auto aiming is when someone is in sight of your crosshair, or you get the vehicle with a gunner on the back.

I will say, the paddle is about as uncomfortable as a basketball, but its not all THAT bad, its easy to adjust to. Besides, the controls of the box has nill to do with the gameplay gfx of Halo.

from VoodooExtreme

Some things Matt mentioned during his speech were the impending relaunch of Bungie.net, as well as a new site and Consequence (I believe that was the name sure about the Consequence bit), a site with lots of Halo goodies, including concept sketches, cut material (including, supposedly, the stuff that got Halo down to a Mature level :0), and all around good stuff. He also mentioned Seventh Column, but only said that they weren't talking about it ;). I also heard second-hand from a person on my team that Matt had talked about the PC/Mac Halo: supposedly, he said that work would start on it when they get back from vacation, but that porting the code might be difficult; I wish I had asked Matt myself, because I have no idea how reliable this info is. Still the starting work soon bit is very heartening to a Mac-er.

this is not official yet.but it is still promising that HALO will out on PC and MAC too.

or if it won't.i have to wait until Febuary2002(XBOX's japan release date)

Exactly what I was going to post. :)

Mmmmh, how come the porting will be "difficult"? I mean, I understand it's pretty hard to make the game run in anything lower than a X-Box technically speaking. But damn, they should at least make a friggin GeForce3 only port. That can't be that hard...

I played throughout the entire game, as I have had it for a couple days now. It seems to be fun to me. The graphics ARE the best i've seen so far. It has total freedom. And I didnt see too much repetative level architecture, at least not anymore than any other FPS.

The onlt thing I see bad about the game is that the controls seem slightly aquard.

The end.

Oh Fuck, you're still here... Dammit

and just when I was thinking that there wasn't any reason to kill myself...

S./

Its people like you that make me think more of how stupid people really are. You are totally off topic, go somewhere else and argue with someone else, little boy.

By the way, I have been here, long before you. If you notice, I am senior, with 883 posts.

Its people like you that make me think more of how stupid people really are. You are totally off topic, go somewhere else and argue with someone else, little boy.

By the way, I have been here, long before you. If you notice, I am senior, with 883 posts.

Yes, well, back to the topic at hand...Yeah, the Xbox controller is the only real thing that bugs me about it. Besides that, there really isn't a problem. Still, I'd prefer to play Halo on a PC. NOTHING beats a mouse and keyboard when it comes to FPS...

Listen to me you little punk ass bitch. I'm usually a lot more on topic and I usually make a lot more sense than you. Not only that, but you haven't been around longer, if you check, interestingly enough, we registered on the same day. Thirdly I'm older than you greasy little cuntblister, so "little boy" what the fuck... Besides, I'm just saying 'hi' in my own perverse little way, so eat a dick...

And as for your post count, I can guarantee that despite the fact you have more, the sense, intelligence, and content of my fewer posts are on a much higher scale. Besides, do you honestly think that I care how many posts I have?

S./

I'm about to lock this thing. Halo comments are ok, but complete discussions? Tag along a nice little flameware.

Yep, I should lock it. Gotta give the example.

oh Zaldron... what would we do without you.. probably bicker on endlessly until Jer tried to "h4x0r" me with his "l33t" skillz...

*cough*

I'm done... lock 'er down.

S./