Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkfanatic

Ultimate Doom Episode 1 Level 10 The Sewers

Curious as to where you got an E1M10 from :/.

If you're talking about making something like this I say don't bother calling it E1M10 and just release it as a map on it's own called the Sewers (not to mention that if you're planning on it running in anything besides a couple of ports that support any name for the map lump name that wouldn't work too well.)

If you're talking about a specific map already made then I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where you would find it because there is no such thing as E1M10.

I believe he's talking about the one for the Xbox. Still, this thread belongs in General.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. But yeah, I mean the one in the Xbox version. They also added another level for Doom II, level 33: Betray. I haven't played that one yet.

Well, I guess I'll give my opinion about it. I think it's a pretty cool level. When I first heard about it, I had to play it. You access it from Level 1. It's a fairly big level for being the "second" level you can play and the only new gun you will pick up in it is a chaingun. It has a few Baron's in it which kinda ruins the Episode 1 ending if you've never played Doom before and it also has Cacodemons, which, as I'm sure you all know, there are no Cacodemons in Episode 1. The "sewer" area is kinda interesting and pretty expansive (not in a detailed sort of way, just long), though the floor is blue which I guess is supposed to be water, but I expected some more of a murky color, I mean, it's supposed to be a sewer! It's a little challenging seeing how all you have is a handgun, shotgun, and a chaingun but it's not all THAT difficult. I died once but beat it on the second try. It also kinda sucks that after you beat the level, you go right back to the beginning of Level 1, which I think is kinda retarded. If you wanted, you could loop through Level 10 and Level 1 forever. I wish it would just bring you to level two.

God damn it, now I'll have to fork over 2 weeks pay just so I can play 2 levels exclusively for the Xbox versions of Doom and Doom 2...

Okay, someone start meticulously recreating these levels for the PC.

I will pay any debts in my own blood.

EarthQuake said:

Okay, someone start meticulously recreating these levels for the PC.

I will pay any debts in my own blood.

sewers is in the Master/Maximum Doom CD
Dunno about betray..

Kaiser said:

sewers is in the Master/Maximum Doom CD
Dunno about betray..

Holy shit, really?
I'm gonna check that out pronto. They are titled "Sewers" and "Betray", exactly? I'll upload them and post them here if I find them.

Oh, I played them. They're really, really, really bad. It looks like they just picked a couple of random levels off of the CD and plucked them in there as easter eggs or something. I mean, come on. Sewers has fucking tutti-fruity effect in it (which you can very easily see in the X-Box version.

I actually have the wad (for sewers) somewhere on my hard drive. I'll see if I can locate it.

Yeah, that's the one. I haven't managed to find the other secret level however (MAP33). That one was only slightly better, although it uses SS-NAZI's in the level so that automatically means it sucks. :P

That's odd...I found the same "Sewers" on the idgames archive today but I didn't think that was the one because it just didn't feel right...and I couldn't find the water.

Also, what is the song used for "Sewers" using Xbox Doom?

Thanks for sharing Earthquake, but that map sucked a lot. Say what you like, but I've played some of the infamous '94 wads submitted to /newstuff and felt a lot less cheated for time I'll never get back. How they could conscientiously and deliberately put that map into any Xbox game, even as an afterthought, is far beyond any extent of my comprehension.

I noticed that this map has Lost Souls, which never appear in E1 either.

insertwackynamehere said:

its almost as bad as what they pulled with the Master Levels =)

Eh? The Master Levels were 20 pwads by some of the best mappers of the time. They had not been previously released and were commissioned by id for that project. Don't confuse the Master Levels with Maximum Doom.

Master Levels FAQ

Grazza said:

Eh? The Master Levels were 20 pwads by some of the best mappers of the time. They had not been previously released and were commissioned by id for that project. Don't confuse the Master Levels with Maximum Doom.

Master Levels FAQ

I think he just got turned around. I use the terms Maximum and Master Levels interchangeably sometimes too. I mean, it's all on the same CD.

EarthQuake said:

I think he just got turned around. I use the terms Maximum and Master Levels interchangeably sometimes too. I mean, it's all on the same CD.

Apples and oranges can occupy the same bowl, you know.

I played Level 33: Betray today. It's a pretty good level in my opinion, and definetly more challenging than the Sewers. You access it from Level 2: Underhalls. During most of the level you are inside with brick-grey walls with green mold on them and the ground is all completely green-watery (except two or three areas you teleport to). This place has more switches than any other level of Doom (I think, but it has a ton of switches). Switches that open up monster pens of all kinds and inside the pens are more switches. This level has almost every single Doom monster in it (including the blue Nazi guys)except for the Baron, Spiderdemon, and Cyberdemon. Two Archvile's in total. The first one's not too hard but the second one is difficult because the area you are in, it is fairly big and wide open with about 15 former human and sergeants shooting at you from a distance and close, 4 imps too, and a Mancubus. You also get almost every single weapon in this level too. The only one you don't get is the BFG but the place is loaded with plasma cells. I think I left the level with 600 cells and I used this gun a lot. Good news, when you leave the level, you don't go back to Level 2, you go straight to level 3. In my opinion, a cool level, much better than the Sewers. Also, I was thinking, at classicdoom.com it says this: "How do I find the first Xbox bonus level in Ultimate Doom?" and you click on it and it tells you how to find it and also for Doom II it says "How do I find the first Xbox bonus level in Doom II?" Emphasis on the words "first." Which makes me wonder if there may be MORE bonus levels on the Xbox that haven't been found yet because how you access the bonus levels so far, they are on walls that do not look like secrets, no shading/lighting, discoloration, or uneven walls. It's just the plain old wall in odd places you have to activate to access the levels so it would be extremely difficult to find more levels (if there are more) except by pure luck.

AgentSpork said:

Wait, what?

Downloaded sewers level from link above on iMac and ran it...
It loads as E3M1 in UltimateDOOM.

Bashe said:

That's odd...I found the same "Sewers" on the idgames archive today but I didn't think that was the one because it just didn't feel right...and I couldn't find the water.

Also, what is the song used for "Sewers" using Xbox Doom?

Heh you fail it. I found the large water section about 2 minutes into it.