Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyclane

Not quite sure if this is my levels or ZDoom itself...

But, whenever I run test level in ZDoom, it always ends up crashing randomly. These tests consist of a hexagonal room, a ThingProjectile, a ChangeCamera, and a small dent in the room that's a switch to activate the specials (one at a time, of course). I also have a map spot and a Camera thing in the room, so it's not missing parts, I'm sure. Is it just ZDoom, or my level?

Another thing, I can't seem to locate the "Z***.acs" files anywhere. Can anyone tell me where to get them?

Are you running one of the betas?
the ACS files in question come with v1.22... download that first, unzip, the unzip the beta over the top of it

Yeah, it's one of the betas. 1.23 29 Beta. And thanks for the link to the files! *goes off to grab them*

Interesting.

The last public beta to be released was 28a. There is apparently a later beta going around (beta 29?), but it was never supposed to be a public release.

Just in case you have beta 28, and the 29 was a typo, it has a known problem of a random crash to windows with no error message. Beta 28a was released to fix this. There is apparently still a rare chance it will happen, but it is very rare. It's all to do with the FMOD sound library. You need to install beta 28, and then unzip 28a over it. Avoid installing ver 1.22, and then installing any of the version 1.23 betas on top. This has caused some people problems.

As far as the ACS files are concerned, I don't remember getting them in the zdoom 1.22 zip. I think I got them with either the editing utils, or possibly a version of acc. Both of these can be found on the zdoom download page.

Zdoom download page

http://zdoom.notgod.com/download.php

Newer version of ACS (1.15)

http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/acc115.zip

Beta 28

http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/123beta28.zip

Beta 28a from Arioch's mirror

ftp://despayre.org/pub/games/doom/ports/zdoom/123beta28-333.zip

Hope some of that helps.

Hope my urls and BB codes are all correct.

Cyclane:

The lastest ZDoom 1.23 Beta public release are Beta 28A

The only one who have the Beta 29 are Randy Heit !
Two others beta exist but not in the public release. (don't ask me to tell where to have it! i will not give you the URL --sorry).

So, how did you be able to have the Beta 29 ??? Or maybe you was to be wrong when writing the number version .... :/

lastest ZDoom 1.23 Beta public release are Beta 28A

Well, notgod made a boobie and had his server open for anyone to ... End of story.

Well, notgod made a boobie and had his server open for anyone to ... End of story.

I know ! I saw that too!
But this appear, i checked all folders ... no Beta 29 was on these folders !

I'm at school right now, so I can't check the version. I got the latest one off of the notgod.com site (the news site), so I guess it's 28a. Sorry for the confusion. And, Enjay, this isn't rare, it's almost too common. Whenever testing my maps, I have this gnawing fear of it crashing. Also, at times, after closing ZDOOM, my screen looks completely screwed up (like it was sheared one too many times).

Another thing, whenever I said it "crashed", I meant that it completely froze!

this isn't rare, it's almost too common. Whenever testing my maps,

Correct. I have exactly the same problem - as do some others.

Don't know what it is in my/other's machine that causes this. "Explorer" refuses to close the window I started from. I have to kill Explorer to get the system to work again. Usually doesn't freeze (although Legacy in GL mode does:).

All I know is that 1.17 - 1.18 do NOT have this problem. So it's something added since then. (Even pre FMOD did it).

Oh, and for reference, I have a nVidia video card (not exactly sure what kind), and a Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer sound card.