Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Hope you all know about this, related to GeForce 3

MGON: We have decided to bring our rendition of eSports to the gaming
community, and to do this with a little style we're going to give away
three Geforce3 video cards to three lucky beta testers. All we are
asking from gamers right now is that they try the new interface/system
out, and let us know what they think of everything. In other words, we
just want to see people playing on our game servers, with our system.
Just for showing up and playing, we're going to give away three of these
Geforce3 cards to the people that meet the following criteria.

Prizes

1. The Top Ranked Player at the end of the beta-period wins a Hercules
Prophet III Ti500!!

2. The player with the most played games at the end of the beta-period wins
a Hercules Prophet III Ti200!!

3. A random player that has taken part in at least 10 matches will be
drawn to win a Hercules Prophet III Ti200!!

Start: Friday November 29th at 18.00 GMT/19.00 CET,
End (perliminary date): Monday, December 3rd at 08.00 GMT/09.00 CET

Game: Quake 3 Arena 1.30 1v1 Deathmatch

While only Quake 3 is available at the moment, MGON will offer a wide
variety of action, strategy and sports games during 2002.

**IMPORTANT** - The beta severs are located in Stockholm, Sweden.
Because of this the beta testing is open to everyone but we are looking
for a more European audience because of obvious connection reasons. The
USA/Canada East coast is the next phase (2 more weeks), and then west
coast after that.

Head over to esports-europe.com to take part.

Nah, I'd rather spend the money when it goes down in price. That is, if I don't get a GeForce 2 MX beforehand.

BTW, did anyone answer my question about it? Is that compatable for DOOM 3 when it comes out?

BTW, did anyone answer my question about it? Is that compatable for DOOM 3 when it comes out?

Hahahah, actually yes. But it won't use the same rendering code as the GF3, but a cheaper one. I don't know how horrible will be the quality drop, but I'm predicting a huge ass framedrop anyway. Specially with a MX.

Fuck nVidia. Extremely overpriced and you get pathetic drivers. Go with ATI or a Kyro instead.

Hahahah, actually yes. But it won't use the same rendering code as the GF3, but a cheaper one. I don't know how horrible will be the quality drop, but I'm predicting a huge ass framedrop anyway. Specially with a MX.

And of course, all this coming from "Mr. Gotta-have-top-of-the-line-everything-and-if-it's-so-much-as-1-frame-slower-than-that-I-think-it's-slow ass."

And of course, all this coming from "Mr. Gotta-have-top-of-the-line-everything-and-if-it's-so-much-as-1-frame-slower-than-that-I-think-it's-slow ass."

??

Sheesh. Let's fucking put some things straight. The GeForce 3 at maximum detail, a decent CPU (900+ Mhz) and 512 megs of ram pull out a decent 30 fps. This calculation's probably based on 800x600, and 32 bits is the only way to go on this game.

If you want to play DooM with Gay-o-Vision, fine by me. Or you could just save some money for a GF3 Ultra (you have more than one year to do that) and enjoy every fucking game released after June 2002.

Fuck nVidia. Extremely overpriced and you get pathetic drivers.

...this coming from Mr. WinXP, the crack addict who buys the latest Microsoft OS before it's been out a year and expects software to actually work with it.

ORFL, indeed.

The GeForce 3 at maximum detail, a decent CPU (900+ Mhz) and 512 megs of ram pull out a decent 30 fps. This calculation's probably based on 800x600, and 32 bits is the only way to go on this game.

If you want to play DooM with Gay-o-Vision, fine by me. Or you could just save some money for a GF3 Ultra (you have more than one year to do that) and enjoy every fucking game released after June 2002.

Again, coming from "Mr. Gotta-have-top-of-the-line-everything....."

Shit man, my PC's only at 550 MHZ, and I think it's "decent". My point is, why do you have to be such a perfectionist? Damn, just cuz you're a 'puter wizard doesn't mean you have to be aesthetically prejudiced against those that don't know everything you do.

Besides, I'm only 17 and don't make 40 million dollars an hour like you do. (bad joke)

This thread is in need of a little gayness moderation from yours truly.

First of all, you little stinky shit, Crendowing, shut the hell up, because you REALLY don't know what you're talking about. Yah, 550Mhz is almost "decent" right now, but it won't be a year from now when the game comes out. The Geforce 2 MX is HORRIBLY underpowered for even YESTERDAY's games (get one and try to run Q3A at 800x600x32), and you expect it to even RUN Doom 3? No. It won't. Your skill is not enough. He's not talking about a little image quality degradation, he's talking about FUCKING MAKING THE MOST ADVANCED 3D ENGINE EVER MADE LOOK LIKE ITS 8-YEAR-OLD ANCESTORS! Okay? We're talking about 320x240x16-bit with no lightmaps, no real-time lighting, and low-quality textures.

And what the hell are you talking about, Zaldron being a perfectionist? I seem to recall that in another thread he was sniffling at sonicthehedgehog saying that he had a GF3TI500 AND an R200. As a matter of fact, I seem to recall Zaldron being relatively disadvantaged, economically.

At 17 years old, you're actually one of the older people on the DW forums.

deadnail, Nvidia's drivers aren't THAT bad. I've NEVER had a problem, and I use all kinds of weird NEDs and shit.

Lut, you shut the hell up. I've already told you why, and if you want more explanation, let me spell it out for you: WINDOWS XP WORKS

Crendowing, honestly, Zaldron's right. Do NOT buy a Geforce 2 MX at this point. Wait and get what is now high-end card when it becomes a mid-range card, shortly before the game's release. You'll enjoy yourself much more. Or at the very least, get SOMETHING more powerful than a Geforce 2 MX. Of the current low-end cards (which a GF2MX is), the PowerVR Kyro II will run Doom the best. Just, uh, make sure it'll work with your hardware.

(in this order)
Cards out right now that will run Doom the best:
ATI Radeon 8500
Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti500
Nvidia Geforce 3
Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti200

Cards out that will run Doom playably:
ATI Radeon 7500
Nvidia Geforce 2 Ti
Nvidia Geforce 2 Ultra
PowerVR Kyro II 64MB
3dfx Voodoo5 6000

Cards that will run Doom at all:
Nvidia Geforce 2 Pro
ATI Radeon (1st-generation, non VE/LE)
Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS
ATI Radeon 7200
ATI Radeon 7000
3dfx Voodoo5 5500
Nvidia Geforce256 DDR

Cards that will NOT run Doom (or at least, worth bothering with; rather like running Quake 3 on a Voodoo Graphics):
Nvidia Geforce 2 MX
Any Nvidia BEFORE Geforce 256
Any ATI before Radeon
Any 3dfx before Voodoo5
Any Matrox
Any PowerVR before Kyro II (sorry, guys)

And that's about all there is to it.

who knew chick-techies could be so cool...?
my g/f is on her "monthly friend thingie", maybe it's contagious... :P