Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ichor

Script problem (Hexen)

Every time I compile a script, then test the map, none of the scripts will run. There's no problems compiling the script, but even if I compile a script that I know for a fact works, it still will not run in the game, as if the map has no scripts at all.

Are you using the ACC 1.3x compiler with a source port other than ZDoom? If so that's the reason. Either compile with '-h' or use Raven's original ACC.

-h? DB has always worked fine without that parameter, is this something new I should know about?

Graf Zahl said:

Are you using the ACC 1.3x compiler with a source port other than ZDoom? If so that's the reason. Either compile with '-h' or use Raven's original ACC.

It was JHexen, actually. I found an old acc.exe lying around to use and it works fine now. Thank you.

Pure Hellspawn

Did you forget to trigger the scripts?

One of the scripts prints a message when the map starts, so forgetting to add a script trigger (and I have done that before, heh) wasn't the problem in this case.

This might be possible:

That's because you typed it like this:

Script 1 (INTRO)
{
print s:("Hi");
}

That prints the word Hi on the map. The trigger for this script is the (INTRO) which means this script is triggered whenever the game starts.

You only mentioned the INTRO script.