Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunter

Help Please

hi guys i think i have a small proplem in nodes but it fixed but there is somthing i dont understand whate is the parameters in exporting a map and what i should write on it i want to name it demo.wad for doom2 what is the hell is going on please help me in this.

same here um this one time it got broke and then it worked now it goes over and then i renamed it and then it was going to but now doom2 said it wasn't and what help me please

lol, try making proper english sentences that together provide enough information for anyone to understand the problem :)

solarsnowfall said:

It's not as simple as going to Save As??? DB builds the nodes automatically (unless you've changed the config otherwise).

the nodes have already been fixed. He said:

Hunter said:

hi guys i think i have a small proplem in nodes but it fixed but there is somthing i dont understand whate is the parameters in exporting a map and what i should write on it i want to name it demo.wad for doom2 what is the hell is going on please help me in this

HE wants to know the parameters for exporting a map and how to name it demo.wad for doom2

To answer the question you posted above:

If you're using vanilla Doom2.exe then:

doom2 -file demo.wad

If you're using a source port, however, then how you do it depends on the source port, most of them are different. So you'll need to tell us which port you're using.

Now, if what Pure Hellspawn is saying you're trying to say is what you're actually trying to say, then:

With your map open, go to Edit => Map Options... or hit the F2 key.

Make sure the "Configuration" is set to the game/port you're working on, and for "Level Name", type the map# you're wanting it to replace. So if you want to replace MAP01, Entryway, then type MAP01. If you want to replace MAP02, Underhalls, then type MAP02, etc.

Hit OK

Now go to File => Save Map As..., or hit F12. Type whatever you want to call your wad file in the "File Name" box, make sure it's in the right folder, and hit the Save button.

Use the method I noted above to load it into Doom2.exe, warp to the level if need be, and enjoy.

this is my information i want to build map for doom2 i think i should use bsp-w32.exe i have done a doom2 map and exported it perfect but when trying to run it by doom95 program they said:

"bad music number 272"

and i don't know why i named the map MAP01 i think that is because i dont write anything in the parameters i dont know anything about it
i readed the guid but they dont write much about parameters.

Nuxius said:

To answer the question you posted above:

If you're using vanilla Doom2.exe then:

doom2 -file demo.wad

If you're using a source port, however, then how you do it depends on the source port, most of them are different. So you'll need to tell us which port you're using.

Now, if what Pure Hellspawn is saying you're trying to say is what you're actually trying to say, then:

With your map open, go to Edit => Map Options... or hit the F2 key.

Make sure the "Configuration" is set to the game/port you're working on, and for "Level Name", type the map# you're wanting it to replace. So if you want to replace MAP01, Entryway, then type MAP01. If you want to replace MAP02, Underhalls, then type MAP02, etc.

Hit OK

Now go to File => Save Map As..., or hit F12. Type whatever you want to call your wad file in the "File Name" box, make sure it's in the right folder, and hit the Save button.

Use the method I noted above to load it into Doom2.exe, warp to the level if need be, and enjoy.

You can also do other maps that were not included in the original DOOM II such as Map33 through Map999. You can even name your name something like "Hello". It has to be 6 digits long, though.