Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

Is it llegal to release your own IWADs?

I currently released a 32 level megawad a while back but by next week I plan to release a updated version of it. Since its a 32 level, I want to release it in IWAD format (like the oringinal Doom, Doom2, TNT, Plutonia IWADs). The question is, will I get in trouble for that?

Meaning if I did release my megawad in IWAD format, then the players won't need a copy of Doom 2 to play it.

u must have no ID art, sounds and music in it. It also must replace every thing in the iwad as well. This would be great if u did that becausethen we could have a free doom!

I am interested in helping out with an open source iwad. I have obtained permission from Iikka to use his POVDoom monster sprites, & I am waiting to see if he will let me use some of his textures. I was thinking that we really should have new maps in it as well. Would you be interested in pooling resources? If not, the more free iwads the better.

Captain Mellow: Count me in for a few maps. I'd be extremely happy to work with some new textures for a change.

Yeah this is true. I did manage to find a copy oy the Ultimate DooM with the cool blackish box and a poster in a dark dusty corner of some nameless video game store for something like $12.00 not to long ago though.

yea i went to a computer store that had incredibly old software. I asked for doom but someone had just bought it. they had the D!zone 150 levels for doom & doom2, and a copy of DOS 5.5

free doom, becasue there are no warezes of it anywhere on the internet. (nobody would waste there storage space with it)
maybe with a free doom, we could get a free beer too...

free doom, becasue there are no warezes of it anywhere on the internet. (nobody would waste there storage space with it)
maybe with a free doom, we could get a free beer too...

Ever heard of abandonware? Doom's all over that scene, even though it isn't actually abandonware.

I got an abondonware link. NO, I don't actually support the site, but they got lotsa stuff, it's where I got syndicate wars, which you can only buy in Europe now. If you want it, ICQ me. It might have something, who knows?

Abandonware's great. Tons of free games for those with crappy comps, like my old one. Now with the new one, i don't have to rely on them so much.

dude....i found doom and doom 2 for free.....u can get doom at *** or sum shit......i dont remember where i got doom.....and no im not a freeloader....i ended up buyin them both