Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlatheDoomer

Doom Builder Question

Hey, My latest map (Domine, which was a complete flop). One of the reviews said it only works with ZDOOM. When i make the maps it gives me the option to choose which game to make a wad for. And i chose Zdoom(Doom in doom format). Is that bad? Should I go with just regular Doom or Doom 2? And what's the difference?

Thanks for the feedback on my map. I'm hoping my next one won't be as much as a mistake. My next one has doors!111!!!!1!! LoL.

Thanks,
SlatheDoomer

In my opinion:

Use Doom in Hexen. All the others are just shit because they donĀ“t even use BEHAVIOR Lumps. And in hexen format, there are tons of cool things of hexen , rotating doors, slide, slope etc...
In other words.... With ZDoom-Hexen Format can do anything.

Doom in doom format is not shit, my toxin refinery map I am making is based on that format.
True the hexen format gives you more options, but to say everything else is shit...no way.

The Zdoom doom in doom format has got some of ZDoom's new features and therefor will only work with ZDoom. The ZDoom doom in hexen format is probably the most powerfull format as it has more features and most importantly allows you to add scripts to your level.

However, there is nothing wrong with any of the other formats, what format you use depends entirely on what you intend on achieving with your map.

chaoscorp said:

rotating doors, slide, slope etc...
In other words....

for the record, there are slopes in the doom in doom format.

Part of his post isn't Doombuilder-specific, which is why I hadn't moved the thread.