Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

DooM Movie and monsters???

I was wondering if the DooM movie will have all the monsters in it, I really hope it does, I would like to see how good of a job hollywood can do with this?
So far what I have seen off of web pages and such seems be pretty cool, I'll give it a chance and go see it just because I'm such a DooM junkie! :P

I wouldn't get your hopes up, since the movie has a lot of Doom stuff removed for some odd reason.

One thing that has me excited is that the movie will feature puppetry/costumes/prosthetics, probably similar to Aliens or Predator, as opposed to CGI monsters. Even if there are some major changes, I think it would be cool to see the demons portrayed this way.

GoatLord said:

One thing that has me excited is that the movie will feature puppetry/costumes/prosthetics, probably similar to Aliens or Predator, as opposed to CGI monsters.

Yeah? Now that's cool...

REAL props can never beat virtual ones IMO. That's one of the reasons why I prefer 80's sci-fi flicks to the modern ones. Case in point - Aliens. The fact the enourmous Queen was actually a real prop was awesome, there was no "hey, that's not real" - you just KNEW it was real immediately.

Its kinda hard to predict if the movie will contain all of the monsters or not. As long as they don't make any of them googly looking then it should be decent at the least.

But hopefully it turns out to be a great movie with some origionality.

Although I'll be supporting the Doom movie all the way, I still worry about the apparent absence of any reference to Hell. It really bothers me that they're (apparently) trying to make it seem like the demons are just a bunch of aliens. I think that's cliche.

And if they don't use Arch-"viles" or Spider Masterminds ... damn. No doom. Arachnotrons at least were an original type of monster. I don't recall seeing any brain on metallic legs before. I also love how the big walker in the film WildWildWest looked like - exactly like a Spiderdemon!

Hope they put in a Cyberdemon, for a big fight towards the end or some other big battle.

Ebon said:

And if they don't use Arch-"viles" or Spider Masterminds ... damn. No doom. Arachnotrons at least were an original type of monster. I don't recall seeing any brain on metallic legs before. I also love how the big walker in the film WildWildWest looked like - exactly like a Spiderdemon!

DUDE, HOW CAN YOU FORGET KRANG

TomD666 said:

Hahaha, when I was younger the Spidey always reminded me of Krang.

TomD666 said:

DUUUDE!! I'm too young! Plus some fellow on planetdoom did try to compare him to the Spiderdemon - no success. Could still be there. NOT MY FAULT I MENTIONED THIS.

Wow, I know its off topic but now that you guys mentioned Krang I really do miss the old ninja turtles.

I've pretty much given up hope that the writers/producers(whoever's fault this is) really give a damn about what the fans want or making the movie doom-like. It may be a decent movie, but it should not carry the name Doom. I pray that some day someone has the balls to produce and release the Doom movie the way it's supposed to be, without regard to oh that's too controversial, we might piss of relgious activists, we might not make enough money because we won't be able to get kids in to see it. REMAKE, before the movie even comes out, I'm demanding it.