Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xanthier

RTC-3057

I'm stuck on this WAD, but may I first say this is one awesome TC and the music is so eerie it sets the mood perfectly. In fact it has the best music I've ever heard in a WAD to date, IMHO.

Anyway I've gone to deck 05 and I can't get any further without a red cardpass or clearing a contamination. I cleared the hangar on deck 03 and I can't figure out what the point of doing so was, I've been to the bridge but other than finding the contamination sources other options are denied, same with the control console on deck 05 in the pressure room and the console in the overview room(also deck 05) is inoperable, what am I missing? because
I scoured over every deck over and over. and I can't find any clues in my log. there is also a vent with a door that will not open on deck 05, I hate to have people give me the answer, but my brain is racked, I don't know what to do!

Are You sure You cleaned deck 3 entirely? Killed the cyb? The redcard is in the shuttle bay.

I killed the cybie I opened the doors and they all died from the space gases/ lack of oxygen, what shuttlebay? I couldn't find anything in the hangar cept a lone crate.

There ought to be a red keycard in the hangar. It's in the right side of it.
Many people have missed this, but it's not really intended that way. Initially we had a cutscene showing the red key as soon as the player entered the nearby control room. The scene should still be set up, actually. If you open up map03 of 3057hub1.wad and add the code below to the script, you should be able to see it ingame using the console command "puke 818"

script 818 (void)
{
	Thing_Deactivate(const:231);
	Thing_Activate(const:231);
	delay(1);
	ChangeCamera(const:231, 8, 0);
	delay(70);
	ChangeCamera(const:0, 1, 0);
}

Shaviro said:

There ought to be a red keycard in the hangar. It's in the right side of it.
Many people have missed this, but it's not really intended that way. Initially we had a cutscene showing the red key as soon as the player entered the nearby control room.

I hate to sound like a noob, but I think that would have been helpful to leave in. BTW now I see that Team Future has a project in the works, and after playing RTC, I'm really excited about it. I have renewed respect for Team Future, oh and thanks.

Oh and one other thing, what is this new project?

Well. The project that title refers to is Doom3: Phobos. RTC-3057 is still being worked on, as the wad you've played is only a demo release. Hub1 will be updated to fit the new work which is superior in most aspects.

Pretty good, actually. But keep in mind that we're not planning to release any more demos of the project. So the next release will be the final one.

Shaviro said:

Pretty good, actually. But keep in mind that we're not planning to release any more demos of the project. So the next release will be the final one.

Awesome, I picked it up off of Scuba's must play WADS and always assumed it was old news, glad to hear a final version is to come.

Can I get a bit of info?
Is the entire story planned for the hub (including the logs and in-game information sources)?

The entire story is planned for the whole game. The individual logs haven't been written yet, though. Only levels in hub 4 & 5 have not yet been worked on.

Scuba Steve said:

Jesus christ, SIX hubs? You guys are never going to finish.

I hate to concur, but fear it might be so

okay those keys don't glow quite as bright as the originals I think, plus the detail of the floor didn't help and the red was next to a fragged corpse so it was hiding amongst other red things, the first time I picked it up i didn't even see it, It was purely by accident that I backed over it, now that I knew where to look.

Now I have a new problem, I beat the first hub! :( it's all over! I'm sad about it, now I'll be waiting until 2007 for the final release.

I also was wondering if the whole floating fish thing has significance beyond being a nod to the doom community.

Xanthier said:

Now I have a new problem, I beat the first hub! :( it's all over! I'm sad about it, now I'll be waiting until 2007 for the final release.

Tough luck :P
Actually, 2007 sounds pretty realistic. Certainly more realistic than 2006 or 2005 :P

Today it's been precisely one year since Hub1 was completed.

Shaviro said:

Today it's been precisely one year since Hub1 was completed.

Happy birthday RTC hub 01?
:D

Well, it wasn't released until the 27th, but yeah I guess you could say that. Hmm. My favourite scene is still the one where you enter the lobby, all the lights go out and monsters teleport in. It was one of the later additions, so I had to select and tag all the sectors by 'hand'. After that, it's a matter of luck if the teleporting monsters are chaingunners or not :P

Nmn said:

Happy birthday RTC hub 01?
:D

No no...say it with feeling:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUB01!!!!!!