Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

I was unprepared....for ACTION

I may be a noob when it comes to my skill level at DOOM so when I heard ACtion DOOm was hard, I didn't realize it was Insanely and Ridiculously difficult, I mean I consider myself a lightly seasoned doomer but that game put the smack down on my OVer and over... I died more times than I care to count and I was on practice mode. Maybe I am beyond sad. I mean I beat Contra but that Contra-esque wall at the end of the first level was insane! I ran in circles shooting at that orb which would work until a stray (and may I say monstrous) turret shell would blow my head off. Of course I was trying to beat it with like 15% health, but still, persistence should have paid off.

It was designed to be hardcore tough like Contra is/was. A good merge between Doom and that lovely Konami franchise, imo. Also, it was quite a privilege to be a little easter egg in there. : D I'll have to bring it out and play it again, now that you remind me...

I remember my first taste of action. I casually caressed the icon with my crusor, before giving it a good, hard click. I remember being amazed with how good ACTION felt, how awesome it looked, the sounds of ecstacy playing through the hot, throbbing, vibrating speakers...

I shot my load within three minutes, but I just kept on going. That's how much I loved it. And even now that I've explored every wonderfull inch until I have every hot, sensual pixel burned into the back of my retinas, I still go back for a little ACTION every now and again.

It is forever in my thoughts.

I'll call You a CRACKpot and stained as a GLASS.

That's enough of a hint ;)

kristus said:

Heh, that shot of my score should be sufficent as a clue actually. ;)

I'm a dumbass remember, I cant figure these things out.

Vile made some demos a while back - they might help you. His old download links don't seem to work any more. Give me a little while and I'll upload them.

Edit: OK, they're here:
action01
action02
action03

They require Zdoom 2.0.63a. Not completely sure they'll answer your question.

With enough skill, Action will be no problem for you.

*Hasn't beaten it on normal*

Dude, I got to the second to last boss on Contra, and I just said "fuck it." That shit is NIGH IMPOSSIBLE!

Too bad Daisy got flung out into space... but trust me, the rabbit shall have its REVENGE!!!

...and when are you going to stop pushing us out of your life?!!?!

I'm willing to accept that you don't want me, but how can you do this to YOUR SON??

Look at him!
LOOK AT HIM!!!!!!