Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlatheDoomer

Advice for my next map

First off thanks for all of the feedback on my last map(Domine). Sorry it sucked so bad. Ok, i'm adding detail to my upcoming map. I just need to know if i should keep this detail in my map and if it fits? At first i thought this was a good idea. Not sure though.

(It's the bloodspill on the floor. It's supposed to emulate the blood flowing from the corpse on the wall. I found it silly that the blood stopped at the bottom of the wall.)

Here is the link to the image:
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/4372/doom00085iv.png

Bloodskull said:

OMG THE DETAIL IT'S SO REAL U R WINNA!

Shut up, you were worse when you started mapping so you have no right to take the piss in matters like this.

zarkyb said:

Shut up, you were worse when you started mapping so you have no right to take the piss in matters like this.

I was just joking around man. Take it easy.

I think it would be neat to create a new flat based on that brown blocky floor and make it red with Photoshop. Especially because, as it is, the floor would animate, while the wall wouldn't.

Bloodskull said:

Hmm least the guy is trying. I doubt it's very helpful to confidence if the first reply he gets is blatantly sarcastic.

I suggest you replace the sector with the "BLOOD1" flat on it with a sector with a custom flat on it, where you added a bloodspill to the flat that are used around it.

The first pic looks nice for me, just add some more vertex, or perchaps replace it with a little pool of blood, that could solve the "animated blood" problem. Don't worry about Bloodskull, more than once he had the word "retard" or "retarded" on his avatar (and other worse comments). Fortunatly the same guy seems to accept it :-)

Bloodskull said:

...everyone knows I'm a dumbass/retard.

Thought i would keep this in the same thread instead of posting a entirely new one. How do i import custom textures? I tried using XWE but i can't figure out how to import my own textures. Thanks for all of the advice.

-SlatheDoomer

Bloodskull said:

I would have just deleted this moronic post (which is both a flame and a troll - brilliant), but unfortunately there are a few too many follow-ups that also contain some other useful content.

So I'll just warn you to stop making posts like this.