Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Teaser Trailer For Some Movie

Looks like shit. What's this business about the last 10% of the human genome? Was teleportation not good enough for Hollywood?

roofles, this looks as bad as i expected. though it's unfortunate they try to work in some "humor", since it's easier to laugh at crap done in seriousness than by intention. loules and they snuck in a sound reference to Doom in at the end. Kind of a sad attempt to satisfy players of the original game I guess.

The monsters looked cheezy. The one cut of the guy swinging into the monster just looked retarded, like something out of a bad B movie. Please tell me it's not all that bad :P

If there was a Pulitzer (sp?) Prize for Website updates, Linguica surely would destroy the competition like he was a chainsaw weilding maniac in a day-care.

Hey! That new DooM movie trailor looked great!

And this just in! Our next president is going to be some Jewish Black Lesbian!

Yeah, that trailor was weak...

DSM should have gone to hollywood, and switched the writer's script with his own.

That would have been sweet.

May the lord have mercy on their souls.

Other than the genome thing it could be kinda cool.

could be...

After vewing it a few more times, has anyone noticed that the part where the dude swings and kicks the monster looks like a scene out of Guyver 2? That's what the creature effects remind me of.

rofl :59 seconds is the best part of the trailer. He swings in and kicks that Hell Knight and it looks like something out of a horrible 80s horror movie. Seriously, its very entertaining. Definitely a must see

I don't think it looks that bad, to be honest. While it's not The Ring (and really, what is?), it seems okay in my eyes. I'll have to see the movie to be sure.

What do I know though? I'm probably one of the eight people that liked the Final Fantasy and Super Mario movies.

Aha...

I wonder if it's going to have hidden content, like you play a part backwards and you get an impse scene. The site says it's not rated yet. So when they spot the impse they'll re-rate it, and then we'll have two versions of the movie.

Looks cool to me. But then again, I wasn't expecting any oscar material.

i am surrounded by people who decided that this movie was an alien ripoff. then get mad when i point out to them that the alien series has been around since 1979 and therefore nobody should expect movies since then to not emulate them.

I didn't think it looked THAT bad. I think it looks entertaining, even if it isnt completely faithful to the game. The fact of the matter is, when somone tries this, its likely that they won't do it exactly to the fans' expectations. I think you guys are being rather hard on it, simply because you expect it to be bad, so you've got a bad opinion from the start. Kind of to be expected though, so no big dear really. I'm sure everyone will hate it anyway, and i'll like it because I tend to like all the things everyone else hates.

Its the kind of thing where, if somone expects it to not live up to their expectations, they'll analyze every little problem that they can find and say that is completely sucks because of that little thing.

I don't know what you guys are expecting from a TEASER but imo it's renewed some faith from me in this movie. I think there's MUCH more in store than what we've seen so far, and I for one am starting looking forward to it.

sargebaldy said:

roofles, this looks as bad as i expected. though it's unfortunate they try to work in some "humor", since it's easier to laugh at crap done in seriousness than by intention. loules and they snuck in a sound reference to Doom in at the end. Kind of a sad attempt to satisfy players of the original game I guess.

that scream at the end is straight out of Star Wars: dark forces, when you fall off a cliff, probably been used in countless games, and numerous sound FX libraries.

Xanthier said:

that scream at the end is straight out of Star Wars: dark forces, when you fall off a cliff, probably been used in countless games, and numerous sound FX libraries.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that sound has nothing to do with what sarge thinks. But then, the only thing that would satisfy him is if it was 90 minutes of classic Doom demos strung together.

DJ_Haruko said:

Why are there sewers?...

What, people don't need to take a dump on Mars? That stuff's gotta go somewhere.

And the trailer looks kinda cool. I was never expecting the movie to follow the game completely, though. There's just no way a movie can ever do that, as games don't usually offer enough depth of story to be suitable movie-fodder.
Even with the added story points in Doom 3, the game is still just running around and shooting things.

Looks like a pretty sweet movie, wish I knew what it was called, I might like to see that.