Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
consolehack

How do i add my own sounds...and more...

Hi. In Xwe how do i import a sound, then assign it to a GFX or Texture? Example: I make a new gun GFX, how do i add a sound onto it when used? Also, if i make a new gun, how do i insert it in to my wad! So it actually uses my own pistol.

Also, if i make a new gun, how do i insert it in to my wad! So it actually uses my own pistol.

Replace the grafics of one of the original weapons (for Doom.exe) or add a totally new weapon (for Zdoom.exe)

In Xwe how do i import a sound, then assign it to a GFX or Texture? Example: I make a new gun GFX, how do i add a sound onto it when used?

Replacing the orignal sound with the new sound is the easiest way.

simple explanation:

1. open doom2.wad
2. look for the "entry" you want to replace
3. memorise the name of that entry
4. open your wad
5. load the new entry and give it the memorised name

done!

I hope it is okay if I use this thread to ask a similar question:

I have found a nice sound wad, but I don´t want to use all sounds. I extract the sounds I want with XWE, create a new wad, then load those sounds.
But the wad doesn´t work ( the original wad does work ), I hear still the original Doom sounds ?! (using ZDoom)

What I find confusing: the sounds are all in .lmp format, not wave and there are several lumps for one entry)
Also, the names of the lumps and the wavs don´t match.

Thanks for any advice.

Why don't you just delete the sound lumps you don't want and then clean the wad? You could then merge it with a wad or use it as it is.