Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

N00Btacular questions...pyramids

What is the best way to go about making a pyramid? like a stair-type tier. I tried last night but I forgot how to create a sector within a sector rather than outside and moving it in, which gave me these fall through floors and started to merge some of myh sectors, it was a mess.

thanks guys, your the best.

boris said:

Uh, just draw a sector inside another sector?

I can't do that without selecting the parent sector, and holding down shift click doesn't work either.

Use the lines mode and hit insert to start drawing your new sector. Be sure you close it up.

(no offence anybody) i thought i was a bad mapper!

just use the lines tool by pressing the line picture in the toolbar at the top of the window or pressing "L"
and do some squares
then youraise each part of the piramid by arond 16 pixels

if you want ill send a wad on the net for you to download so you can learn some things from it :)

help from sausage

sausage said:

(no offence anybody) i thought i was a bad mapper!

just use the lines tool by pressing the line picture in the toolbar at the top of the window or pressing "L"
and do some squares
then youraise each part of the piramid by arond 16 pixels

if you want ill send a wad on the net for you to download so you can learn some things from it :)

help from sausage

sure sausage, I'd appreciate that, sorry guys I'm having one of these spongehead days. I remember that, thanks Jehar.

do you have a host i can put the wad on??

if so please tell me the details in a personal message

I think some people are used to sector based editors, while DB is a line based editor.

I remember back when I was learning how to use DB, it took me a while to figure out that when drawing a new sector, DB isn't smart enough to see the lines that are already there. You have to "trace" over them, again and again and again for every new sector you make. Coming from editors like Waded, I was completely not used to that.

Also, to sausage: Why don't you just get his email and email it to him? Wouldn't that be easier?

:) yes it would thanks nuxius

xanthier please tell me your email
and i will give you pyramid.wad

=-*sorry for the double post*-=

I NOW HAVE MY OWN WEBSITE!! *cheers*

i can host pyramid.wad for a short time if you want??

also if you have any wads you want to show to the world email your wad to ash@doomwads.1.vg and we shall add it to the site :)

- sausage

Nuxius said:

I think some people are used to sector based editors, while DB is a line based editor.

I remember back when I was learning how to use DB, it took me a while to figure out that when drawing a new sector, DB isn't smart enough to see the lines that are already there. You have to "trace" over them, again and again and again for every new sector you make. Coming from editors like Waded, I was completely not used to that.

Also, to sausage: Why don't you just get his email and email it to him? Wouldn't that be easier?

Sector splitting works unless there is more than one area with the sector number as the area you are splitting. then the odds are against you for it working right

Hey I made a dm map with some pyramids in it awhile back for skulltag, however it should still run in any zdoom based port -minus some thing types that would be seen in skulltag. I have to say it's probably the simplest wad I'v ever made but the playability is there and worth a good few intense matches.

File name: MREGYPTDM.wad
The wad can be found in an install package at my site. You can use the wad as a base to see how I made the pyramids in it if you like.
http://home.comcast.net/~mrrocket/Files/_Megasphere__package_v1_1996_2005.exe
Good luck.

While in sector mode you can draw another sector from ANYwhere on the map with ctrl-D. just remember, if you want this to work right with DB, you need to draw a complete sector, clicking on each adjoining vertex on the way to closing your new sector.