Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallis

doom endig

What do u consider to be the REAL ending for doom.....like i don't know about you, but i like to lay off final doom since i cried from playing, it sucked. and the story sucked too, plus there are so many doom endings, like the doom books, the first two rocked but the ending was appauling.......doom 3 roe pissed me off A LOT.....it was an appauling ending. so ignoring final doom, what would you choose as the ending....like i was reading a fan fic (more of a freaking book 256 A4 pages) over at doom 3 portal, and it had a sweet ending,

if u could brainwash ID softare into releasing a GOOD ending for doom, what would you choose. leaving it at hell on earth, having earth destroyed by the demons, or doom guy going to hell and killing satan, or screw final doom and skip to doom 64 etc.

Final DOOM is perfect for me, you close the last gateway to hell and suck down all the remaining demons that are on Earth. What I'd like to see is a continuation to Final DOOM, that somehow the demons reopened a gate, or found a diferent way, and as the demons are endless the solution could be to destroy something, someone, use certain spell, that turn the demons to attack one each other for the eternity. On this way the demons would have their own hell.

A GOOD ending for Doom...let's see, ok, Original Doom:

*TEXT.midi*
*Stone Background*

You've done it! Standing over the flaming corpse of the bastard Spider that worked so hard to keep you away, you wipe the sweat from your brow and let your rocket launcher drop to the ground. It was earily silent, except of course for the sickening bubbling sound made from the popping flesh. You wonder where to go now, everything is dead...or so you thought... You wheel around just in time to get a fireball to the face, you hear the imp cackle as you fall to the ground and die, but you embrace death, the clean up crew will kill that bugger. So as your vision turns black, you are glad that Hell is gone, until you wake up.

You hear inhuman screams as you look up, you are trapped inside a coffin! You smack the lid and it flies open, revealing a sight so horrible, you cannot find words to describe it, you were wrong, Hell isn't gone, you just got invited back for a second course...

You hear inhuman screams as you look up, you are trapped inside a coffin! You smack the lid and it flies open, revealing a sight so horrible, you cannot find words to describe it, you were wrong, Hell isn't gone, you just got invited back for a second course...

That doesn't sound like an ending at all, Comiclez.
And then what happened?
Wind it all up for me :)

wallis said:
leaving it at hell on earth,

Yes.

DarkJedi188 said:

That doesn't sound like an ending at all, Comiclez.
And then what happened?
Wind it all up for me :)

Because it's not...if you took a second to read the first sentence you would have realized that it is a teaser for Doom II...

I was under the impression that the doomguy was immortal and that Doom HAS no ending.

As long as we Doom fans keep making levels, there will never be an ending for Doom. Poor Doomguy... Forced to fight demons for all eternity. Almost makes me want to give up mapping, just to give him a break.

geekmarine said:

Almost makes me want to give up mapping, just to give him a break.

That's a... unique perspective.

Why don't you make some maps optimized for co-op so he isn't so lonely?

With one final thrust Taylor felt himself reach the brink, and as climax bore down on him the red haze returned. The contractions rippled through his body and he thought of what brought him here, the billions dead, the fierce battles that raged around him day after day, the blood and pus and bile that had soaked his clothes for months as he battled an endless army in the most horrible place imaginable. This creature was one of them, this imp that he had been drawn in by, and as he looked up at her once more, no longer did he see a fellow living being, but another cog in the enormous demonic machine that was responsible for all the evil in the world. As the final spasms washed through him, his lust was displaced by a incredible disgust and hatred, hatred towards this... thing on top of him, as well as for what he was doing. The creature looked down at him, not understanding, and with deliberate speed he reached up and wrenched its head a full 180 degrees, a sickening series of crunches affirming that the creature was now dead. He pushed the beat off of him and gasped for air. He needed to pull himself together. He needed to keep moving. He had a long way to go.

MMMMmmmm.....that seems a bit familiar, where did u get that fan fic from????

fraggle said:

hatred towards this... thing on top of him, as well as for what he was doing.

Ah, fancy a little impse? I never knew that Doomguy liked to be on the bottem!