Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer87

Missing texture found in E4!

Hmm...i stumbled across this. Okay, go to E4M1. Get the red key by the way that you get it...of course. Then go to the door, open it, and go to the left torch, press spacebar, and step on the NIN letters. DO NOT GET THE BLUE KEY. Okay, leave the room quickly and make sure that the walls don't go up. Come back in and get the blue key. The walls will go up, and you will see an untextured wall blocking you in front of you. I bet other people have found this, but what the hell, thought i'd show you where it is if you didn't know.

I'm sure every map has at least one texturing error. Like I have found this y alignment error in Darkening episode 2 map 1. More terrible texture alignment errors I have found from Aliens vs. Predator 2 dm maps and I've also found couple lamps floating in the air while all the other lamps in the map are tightly in the walls...

Well, thats the one where you look into the key area of E2m2. However I have found more missing textures in doom2 than ultimate doom. I guess thats is because doom2 were most rushed to get finished.

TheDarkArchon said:

Hello. Welcome to 1993. Enjoy your stay at the Hell branch of v1.666 hotels Inc. Thank you for listening.

E4M1 was not part of the original doom release in 1993. Thanks for making a poor attempt at a joke.

whoops, i forgot to say that you have to idspispopd when you step on the nin letters.
Anyway, I've found missing textures in Goldeneye Doom 2, Wolfendoom Rhein, and of course, a lot in doom 2 due to rushing.

I think the HOM in E4M1 is meant to shock you; like you've lowered a wall (weird), you've released FOUR barons (terrible news) and, by running away to get the prize, something closes on you forever and you're convicted with that horrible view that's made to destroy your vision on things.

EDIT: or simply to contemplate and press ESC and restart asap.

There is no need to use cheat codes to view the E4M1 error. Just hit the torch and run over the NIN letters to the blue key.

I played Doom today and this happened:
http://www.freewebs.com/aqfaq/doom_is_a_bad_game_2.jpg

Jimi seems to be sure that every map has at least one texturing error. I disagree. I believe that there exists at least one Ultimate Doom or Doom II map that has no such errors (that are viewable without cheat codes or "all ghosts bug"). Maybe I'll start collecting screenshots of them to create a gallery of errors. :)

Is this an old idea? (Obviously, it's a stupid idea...)

Meh. Doom had a lot of texture problems, as it was the first go, for Doom. Makes me wonder, when they were making Ultimate Doom, why didn't they go back and touch up some of the original levels.

If you count all the times FSKY was even with a ceiling entering from an outdoor area, or simply wasn't alligned properly. As far as missing textures, those are far fewer.

DooMer87 said:

whoops, i forgot to say that you have to idspispopd when you step on the nin letters.
Anyway, I've found missing textures in Goldeneye Doom 2, Wolfendoom Rhein, and of course, a lot in doom 2 due to rushing.

Maybe I need you to become my beta tester then!