Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lakaigne

Can't run my map with Doom95

I built a map, I don't have any problems with nodes or anything. But, when I try to test my map using Doom95, I can't get to my map. I select my custom WAD, but then where it says "select map," theres nothing to select. I tried to just play it anyway, but it just goes to some random map from Doom.....somebody help me! I gotta play my map!

CodeImp said in another thread:
Also make sure your map name (F2) is in the proper map name format (MAP## or E#M# depending on the game yoou are making the map for). Not all engines are very flexible with map names.

Sounds like that might be your problem.

Nuxius said:

Sounds like that might be your problem.

nah...i may be stupid...but not that stupid..

anyway, i got Zdoom and it works perfectly.....thanks :)

insertwackynamehere said:

is your wad in the same folder as doom 95?

yeah, i could select my wad, but in order to play in Doom95, you have to select a map (Hangar, Deimos Anomaly, etc.). When I selected my wad, there was no map to select.............

I doubt Doom95 can properly be used out of Doom Builder without forcing it to skip the launcher; to do so you need to make sure Doom95 is using the -nodm command line parameter when it's lauched by the map making utility. Or if you can, you'll have to waste your time selecting the PWAD and the map in the launcher. In other words, it's pointless to allow it to use the laucher when the map making utility can already launch Doom95 itself for you.

(Aside from any map format issues that may be causing Doom95 and the launcher to not read the map at all.)

Doom95 also uses a different method to select an IWAD than other engines use, they use -iwad, and it uses -basewad.

Check Never_Again's post here for all the command line parameters for Doom95.