Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Martens

Seeking Wads

I decided that I had enough of regular Doom and Doom2 and so i'd like to ask some of the experienced Doomers around here where I can find a few good Wads to entertain myself with...well...thanks in advance.

If you Search Forums for terms such as "favourite megawads", "favorite episodes" or "recommended wads" you will find plenty of threads with recommendations from many people, together with links to review sites.

Memento Mori 1 and 2
Requiem
Alien Vendetta
Hell Revealed
Eternal DooM
Icarus
These are a few good popular megawads that should keep you busy for a while!

If you can support a port like ZDoom then I highly recommend RTC-3057 though its only 1 of 6 hubs of what the final version will be :(.

oh and play my first nooberly wad so you can tell me what it lacks!

Stealthy Ivan said:

Memento Mori 1 and 2
Requiem
Alien Vendetta
Hell Revealed
Eternal DooM
Icarus
These are a few good popular megawads that should keep you busy for a while!

hmm who wouldn't get bored of the original Dooms after a while...it's why most of us are here, bud...agree with quoted poster, these are the ones you should be playing to get the taste for Doom maps

duncan said:

hmm who wouldn't get bored of the original Dooms after a while...

Uh, me.

If you're looking for something different, I'd deffinately recommend Action Doom. It's one of the few projects that no longer feels like Doom, and Scuba's artwork is gorgeous too :) As said before Batman Doom is also amazing and Ace Team software did a great job witht that. RTC 3057 is great and shows how powerful Zdoom can be, as well as Daedalus: Alien Defence. Scuba Steve's list has alot of great wads if you want something different from Doom, but I'd also suggest some of the Megawads listed by Ivan :)