Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAZter

International Doomers Day

Hello.

How about celebrating international Doomers Day? It will be the date of inventing the doom.(yes, inventing!)
Just vote, guys, and tell me what's worst and what's best.

And another thing - maybe you have day like this? And if you have it, tell, when you are celebrating it
The 23-rd of December? That's allogic! We're trying to find a date for the DooMer's day, but there have already been a lot of doomers in 1997.
When the DooMers first appeared? Try to find this date.

I guess Romero, Carmarck and company were the 1st doomers ever... they played their own creation and were really fond of it...

but when was production started? I mean, like when Carmack, Romero, and everyone else sat down and decided to make a game called DooM?

For doom3 i think it was as early as 2000 and right after that the shake up over it that devided the "id camp" where paul steed was canned or something to that effect. i believe more than half at id thought it not to be in the best interest of the company (and employees) of id to resurrect the doom franchise. and the one with the loudest voice spear heading such an idea was none other than jc. but someone here may know the full story on that. (just from foggy memory recollection i read somewhere)

DooMer87 said:

but when was production started? I mean, like when Carmack, Romero, and everyone else sat down and decided to make a game called DooM?

I gave some approximate dates for various milestones here (from The Book of id), but don't have information on when the actual decision was made.

duncan said:

And what would 'DooMers day' entail?

Cake, I don't know...Doom Cake.

Hmm I would like to see a Doom cake actually...anyone here ever made one?
Imagine a Cacodemon shaped cake...great stuff

DooMer87 said:

Carmack started working on the engine in May 1992, after the release of Wolfenstein 3D. Work on the game itself started in September 1992, after Spear of Destiny was finished. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_of_Doom or read Masters of Doom.

VinceDSS said:

I guess Romero, Carmarck and company were the 1st doomers ever... they played their own creation and were really fond of it...

OMG VIRGIN BIRTH