Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

Better game performance.

Ok Doomers, got some Doom engines and Doom3 running slow on you? Well no need to worry. I posted a little something which will benefit your games and make them a lot faster. If you check out my website alando1.com there is a section which has information and tips for a better game performance. I credit my father for giving me these tips and I hope his tips will enlighten you in some way. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Or if you want to contribute to these ideas/tips, please tell it. You'll probably enlighten me and other Doomers. The name of this page is Enhance Game Performance tips.

-Alando1

Nevermind that! I want to know where you got that time machine that let you travel to 12 months ago!

Just close all programs and windows and turn stuff down to low? That's some great obvious tip there, however there's no need to get a stupid shareware/commercial memory manager when you could like CLOSE THEM WITH THE SUPER ADVANCEDED WINDOWS 2000/XP TASK MANGER

In reality i've never really experienced a performance gain EVER from closing all my programs. Doom3 runs the same speed with only program manager for a shell and nothing else open as much as a full win2k w/ 20 msn windows, xchat, and a 7 tabbed Firefox.

I have no problems in performance because I have a 6800 gt and 3.3 ghz with over a gig of ram...(puts thumbs in ears, wiggles fingers, sticks his tongue out and makes a loud farting noise)

By the way, gargoyl, what is that red devil doing?? Looks to be something of an explicit nature....

But I only have a wowly Athlon 950MHz w/ Geforce2 and I dont' experience the "omg close programs" performance speedups.

And first off that's a gargoyle not a devil and he's "pumping up" fyi. Pumping up what is up to your imagination.

Believe me guys, these tips may help in making your game play for Doom 3 and JDRP much better as well as more fun. Plus it will improve the other Doom engines. But it will work best for you in benefiting the performance of Doom 3 and JDRP.

-Alando1

You're kidding, right?

On most machines, closing programs does next to nothing. Defragging RAM really only benefits you if you have a pathetically small amount, and even then it probably won't be noticable.

The problem is the fact that most games use so much memory that you're just defragging memory they're gonna snarf up anyway.

In short, you fail it, and your website looks like superheated shit.

DC