Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Doom movie gets rated....

yea...i...err..kinda guessed it would be that, by the way, does that mean it would be an 18 rating in britain, because it would take me ages to sneak into a film in the cinema....o well...may have to use bit torrent

It would happen sooner or later...they can't give something Doom related PG-13 unless most of the kills are offscreen, which apparently they aren't...

TheDarkArchon said:

Me thinks it would be a 15: The BBFC hardly give anything an 18 rating.

yea, they gave the ring 2 a 15, mind you that sucked badly, they gave the grudge a 15 too, but they gave dark water a 18, wtf???? i doubt there would be a line or anything, think about it, doom looks like a great film...but it won't be a classic, though the game should receive a top notch A-class multi billion dollar movie. But it will have to do....

That list appears to be dated: There's no mention of the GTA series (18), God Of War (18), either Metal Gear Solids (15), Doom 3 or ROE (18).

EDIT: In the interactive section.

They're all there on the site. Use the "Search Titles" feature and be sure to choose the relevant categories. The ones you mentioned just aren't recent enough to be in the "recent decisions" list.

interesting how films with strong sexual content get a 15 and strong violence gets you an 18... quite the opposite of the US yer think? :-)

The movie looks like something i can wait till video for. They made the monsters human genetic expierements. Come on I think were all big boys and girls we cn handle a portal from hell and demons spew forth to rip us all a new one. Now the monsters are genetic freaks, *sigh* didn't the moive corporations learn that messing with a game pisses us off? Mario Bros. SUCKED! Alone in the Dark SUCKED! Street Fighter (even with the masterful acting abilities of Jean Claude Van Dame) SUCKED! Resident Evil (both of them) SUCKED! The only descent movie put based off a game is Mortal Kombat, the moive is better than the game. Only the first, the second blew chunks. Now we can add Doom to the illustrius wall of video game movie shame. Its a dark day in deed, well atleast they didnt use the comic as its basis *shudders*

The way the site refers to it as the "Olduvai station" might mean that its a space station around mars, named olduvai, not necessarily on a planet named that. But if it is I don't suppose it'll kill me. In any case, it looks promising, even if it isnt totally accurate.

Combustable said:

The way the site refers to it as the "Olduvai station" might mean that its a space station around mars, named olduvai, not necessarily on a planet named that. But if it is I don't suppose it'll kill me. In any case, it looks promising, even if it isnt totally accurate.

for once "optimism" about the film, personally i liked the resident evils, and i have not met one person who dislikes them, and alone in the dark/blood rayne/etc. were all made by one man, who calls it gamesploitation, he somehow is allowed to make films about games, even though he has yet to get one to cinema. read the story dude, it sounds really cool, and as for hell, where i live, a man was forced to take down a sign of a pig holding a lager outside his pub cuz it offended mueslims, what the fuck would they do is they saw a film about hell, it would suggest that catholics were right all along, and that hell and earth etc. were laid out the way they said.

im not saying all mueslims are like that, one of my life long friends is a mueslim, she practices too, but some people are so up themselves they can't handle a hell. not like us doomers :P

I believe that Spirituality is possible without Religion.

If I made a Doom movie I would have included a Lovecraften version of Hell, A place that is crossed between the Traditional Dante's Inferno Hell and a Lovecraften NeitherDimension that is ment to twist a persons mind into complete Insanity and a place where the laws of Space & Time,Laws of Physics, and any Scientific laws do not comply in Hell because it's a Supernatrual realm that is beyond human comprinhension. Plus the Demons themselves are Supernatrually structured which means they have NO DNA nor any scientific elements that Humans and animals have which means they are immune to ALL forms of Technology and even guns (Zombies can be damaged by guns but the only way to kill them is Dismemberment Evil Dead style) and the only way to kill them is through Magic....Which Mankind has forgotton to use over the centries since they only relied on Technology making them easy prey for Supernatrual creatures like Demons.

There have been numerous movies where Hell and Earth/man have collided (End of Days, Event Horizon, The Phrophecy, Dogma, Constantine, The Devil's Advocate, Spawn, just to name a few). None of those movies got too much flack besides Dogma, and that was only because they poked fun at Catholocism. I totally and utterly fail to see why they took out the Hell aspect, as there's been plenty of Hell-themed mainstream movies.

sinyx said:

Mario Bros. SUCKED! Alone in the Dark SUCKED! Street Fighter (even with the masterful acting abilities of Jean Claude Van Dame) SUCKED! Resident Evil (both of them) SUCKED! The only descent movie put based off a game is Mortal Kombat, the moive is better than the game. Only the first, the second blew chunks. Now we can add Doom to the illustrius wall of video game movie shame. Its a dark day in deed, well atleast they didnt use the comic as its basis *shudders*

You forgot Tomb Raider-games good-movie SUCKED!

and well said man. _||||

Combustable said:

It's already been confirmed that it's on mars afaik.

I happened to like Event Horizon, and even after the Doom Movie has come and gone, EH will still probably be the closest thing to an actual Doom movie, if only because of the Hell reference.

DoOmEr4LiFe said:
if only because of the Hell reference.

If only indeed, since that movie didn't have any action in the doomish sense, just suspense and supernatural terror, that are backdrop elements in the game. Both Aliens and Starship Troopers reminded me more of DOOM, aliens aside. Plus DOOM's got a slight humorous twist that was definitely missing in Event Horizon.

I didn't really think Event Horizon was very Doomy, although it was a good creep. I thought Alien and Aliens had the same atmosphere, even though the story was different. There may be hope for this movie yet, as they already gave in (or so it would seem) to our demands that it be based on Mars. I found this a little interesting, the IMDB has been updated:

Plot Outline: A distress call from the Odluvai research station on Mars forces a Special Ops team to investigate. What they find are creatures from another dimension, lurking in the darkness, killing off the survivors.

Now, I went to the movie site, doommovie.com, and in THEIR synopsis saw stuff like "opened a door", "nightmarish creatures of UNKNOWN origin", and "carry out their orders: nothing gets out alive". This sounds alot more like Doom than the previous stuff I've read. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that maybe these genetic experiments somehow unleashed Hell, and maybe that won't be revealed till the end. I think there WILL be some connection with Hell. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Airman266 said:

I think there WILL be some connection with Hell. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Here's to keeping our fingers crossed.

If I see any rabid pinkie-demon-lookalike or if I see a krang-like spider mastermind, then I'm happy.