Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

The Next Good War...

Since some members here have their ear firmly glued to the wall of politics, I will attempt to stimulate your knowledge, imaginaton and educated-guess-membranes.

With the current political climate, (which I know nothing of, btw) and what it may evolve into, when do you think the next big war will happen and under what circumstances, who are the sides, or is it even possible?

eg, I met a guy who said that there will be some kind of war when Europe becomes the United States of Europe. North vs South, or something I never got the cause or reason. - so I mean wars around this sort of scale.

you know, since being a lawyer's assistant (no not secretary) i love studying politics. Im going to major political science, in fact. Anyway, I think the next big war will be some time around 2030. Some asshole will be president, making mistakes here and there, and then-all of a sudden- the Saudis will come and invade homeland. However, Ireland will not be involved in this. Nor will Great Britian (tony blair is George w bush's bitch), italy, or any other of the eurpoean countries. However, Canada will be on the Saudi's side and Mexico will take America's side. A lot of other countries will take sides, and WWIII will begin. I predict that the States will use the H-Bomb on Mecca, where millions of Islams go to pray and worship God. This will cause even more brutal fighting, since their holy city will be gone. It will be more of a bloodfest than Doom, and the whole reason is because of Oil. Oil is the blood of rich, greedy shitheads whose main goal is to pollute, pollute, pollute. It's fucking ridiculous that we aren't pumping a lot from Alaska. We should be fighting the Saudis now, but we need their oil. We need to be self-dependant. Bush, however, signed a bill that will make some pipelines in Alaska. We need more. As much as we can make without harming the environment. Anyway, I rest my case: WWIII will occur because of an oil dispute.

Coming soon to Chicago: $3.00 a gallon of gas! Holy shit!

DooMer87 said:

the Saudis will come and invade homeland. However, Ireland will not be involved in this. Nor will Great Britian (tony blair is George w bush's bitch), italy, or any other of the eurpoean countries. However, Canada will be on the Saudi's side and Mexico will take America's side.

What?

Ok, Why would Saudi Arabia "invade" the US? We make them rich, they have little reason to attack the US...and how the fuck would they pull this off if they did?

Why would Canada side with the Saudis and Mexico with the US? Mexico? MEXICO?

And all of Europe, Russia and China not involed at all? WTF?

This reminds me. For all those British who think America is going to hell because of the president (which it is) I would like to remind them to look at their own dear Prime Minister. I would rather have a leader taking a country straight to hell than a leader firmly seated up the ass of a leader taking a country straight to hell.

Quast said:

What?

Ok, Why would Saudi Arabia "invade" the US? We make them rich, they have little reason to attack the US...and how the fuck would they pull this off if they did?

Why would Canada side with the Saudis and Mexico with the US? Mexico? MEXICO?

And all of Europe, Russia and China not involed at all? WTF?

Uh, well, i tried to be creative.

Linguica said:

give me a fucking break doomer87

Want a piece of my kit kat bar? Or do you want me to just go like this?

which one? heh

Your title sums up exactly what I'm thinking. Pretty much everything you've posted in this thread is utter bullshit.

HobbsTiger1 said:

This reminds me. For all those British who think America is going to hell because of the president (which it is) I would like to remind them to look at their own dear Prime Minister. I would rather have a leader taking a country straight to hell than a leader firmly seated up the ass of a leader taking a country straight to hell.

Can't argue with that. Except it's several times worse in the U.S

In all truth, I think our next target will likely be Iran. This is, of course, assuming they don't have nuclear capabilities. If they do, then it won't happen, but if they don't, they'll be accused of having WMDs or harboring terrorists or being an oppressive regime and we'll invade. It seems counter-intuitive, but the truth is, we are not fighting, and have not been fighting, to keep America safe. That whole concept is utter bullshit. War is political. At least "minor" wars like Iraq, anyway. We find a scapegoat, use propaganda to rile up the people, and then win their full support when we invade. Of course, theoretically, Saudi Arabia could do just as well, they're also harboring terrorists and whatnot, but of course we're friends with the Saudis, being that they supply us with lots of oil.

i didnt read all the replies here, but i'd say the next big one would be china vs. america, mainly. China would probly team up with north korea or something and america would join up with some european nations and australia, but i think most of europe wouldn't really participate, save for the UK.
i think the middle eastern countries are way too weak in general to cause a big war to happen. if push comes to shove america would just nuke the shit out of the place and be done with it.

OK, for a long shot, how about northern Europe vs southern Europe, when the Gulf Stream starts to break down and northern Europe is becoming uninhabitable?

Szymanski said:

Lawyer's have fluffers?

Well, my co-worker and "boss" Patrick has one. And that's me.

Foofoo said:

if push comes to shove america would just nuke the shit out of the place and be done with it.

While quoted poster said this about the middle east, it is of my opinion that any non-nuclear power that wished to start a war with the U.S. would get the same thing coming. We have them, lots of them, no matter how much the president bullshits about reducing their numbers, and I'm pretty sure if push came to shove those baby's would start to fly.

Edit for the fluffer thing: I'm pretty damn sure he didn't. Not bet your life on it sure, but pretty damn sure all the same, because DooMer87 doesn't seem like he could be that sort of guy.

Foofoo said:
i didnt read all the replies here, but i'd say the next big one would be china vs. america, mainly. China would probly team up with north korea or something and america would join up with some european nations and australia, but i think most of europe wouldn't really participate, save for the UK.
i think the middle eastern countries are way too weak in general to cause a big war to happen. if push comes to shove america would just nuke the shit out of the place and be done with it.

Maybe that could happen, but only if the American Revolution (you know, the second Civil War) fails to fix things up a little.

Just don't use those nukes on each other, and you'll be okay. Keep in mind id Software is in Texas, and they don't deserve it that much.

Well, okay... let's wait till we've seen the DOOM movie before we judge.

Lizardcommando said:

What about North Korea? Aren't they a bigger threat than Iran? They're the with nukes, right?

well exactly. but i think because straight off the bat they're a bigger threat means america wouldnt want to face them. they'd rather go for the little kills, such as these backward middle eastern countries.

but then again theres the whole oil conspiracy thing :p

The United States Army would lay waste to the North Korean Army... but there's no point to it, nothing is gained by a war with North Korea. They have nothing we want or care about.

DooMer87 said:

Coming soon to Chicago: $3.00 a gallon of gas! Holy shit!

Fuckin Hell.........

Im british and I pay about £4.30 a fucking gallon thats roughly $8 a gallon...

Quit moaning.

By the way not all of the british support B....LIAR. He only got around 35 % of the vote in the election.... fair aint it????

Congrats DooMer87, you managed to derail the entire thread with just one post.

My prediction for next big war : China Vs. USA. Goooooo nukes!

Hmmm, if most if not all modern conflicts were born from WW1, then is it possible for a war to end conflicts? I guess for such a war to happen it must tie up all the loose ends like a Horror story. Is there likely to be a war in which the evil are utterly smitten and the people win something from it? (except of course the lives of their children, family and lovers... it's war.)

The Doomer87/ fluffer fiasco: Very funny! Well done to all those involved! /applauds