Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Judge_Dredd

Punisher TC is back up!

In the Punisher TC bonus maps, who would you like to see the Punisher confront?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. In the Punisher TC bonus maps, who would you like to see the Punisher confront?

• Spider-Man
    • Daredevil
    • Wolverine
    • The Russian

I don't know jack shit about the Punisher other than it's a comic book/movie/game, but I'd like to offer my services as someone who's pretty good with textures and sprites (haven't tried my hand at enemies though). As soon as I'm done with Jehar's project, I'd be happy to help you guys out.

Why not a Dredd TC?, years of attempts by various game companies have failed to provide a single decent Dredd game, why not attempt a doom TC set in that world?

those screenshots look like Duke Nukem 3d. Nice idea. That shadows are 100% of §3dRealmsDuke. But it looks also really fu**in´cool. That shadows are....
impressive
if you were a girl i would have fuc***d U.

chaoscorp said:

those screenshots look like Duke Nukem 3d. Nice idea. That shadows are 100% of §3dRealmsDuke. But it looks also really fu**in´cool. That shadows are....
impressive

WHAT HAS HAPPENED

*BUMP...sorry*
Just wanted everyone to know the project is still going and we could still use someone who's good with scripts. Also needed: People who can do dialogue for the characters.

chaoscorp said:

impressive

Thank God You're banned.

this upcoming mod is called punisher, and it has something from book/movie/game or its only called punisher? cause atm i dont see anything similar to original product..

sin`pl said:

cause atm i dont see anything similar to original product..

Seconded.
I see a mass of ripped d64 textures. Go learn making good textures from scratch :P

Actually we're using elements from all 3 (movie, book, & game). As for the D64 textures, they will be changed for the final product.

Nmn said:

I see a mass of ripped d64 textures. Go learn making good textures from scratch :P

The Doom64 textures are simply placeholders for now; I needed some kind of not-quite-Classic theme to work into, and some of the Doom64 textures seemed to fit the job for now, until we can come up with our own.

Fair enough dudes.

Just remember textures dictate a lot when it comes to levels. IMO there are 2 ways of making maps-for textures and from textures (the primary uses preplanned locations and artists create textures for the locations, the lateral uses a pack of textures to make a location look nice). In all I think place holders are not a good idea, especially replaced later, might kill the atmosphere of the level. I suggest You stick with some proper city textures-either Doom2, Duke Nukem or Hacx-it had some good textures (lots were crap, but some were good).

All this does sound promising though screenshots will do more justice ;) though, wait until there's something valuable to show :)