Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

What movie would YOU remake?

With all fo the talk goin’ around the board these days of movie remakes (House of Wax, Dawn of the Dead, The Wickerman, House on Haunted Hill and so on…) I’m curious as to what we, some true-blood horror fans, would like to remake ourselves.

I for one would love to see The Fall of the House of Usher remade (forget that 80s remake...Pure piss that wuz). If, for nothing else, than to get people to view, and appreciate, the original with Vincent Price and directed by Roger Cormen.

I could see Tim Robbins portraying Roderick Usher, or maybe even Geoffrey Rush (since he pretty much pulled off Vincent Price’s character in House on Haunted Hill so well). :D

What are your thoughts? Or do you think NO remakes should ever be made in regards to classic films?

Let's have some fun with this one, friends! :D

I'd remake Jurassic Park, so that instead of Muldoon (the warden) getting killed by the raptor, he crawls into a drainage pipe and blows the raptor's leg off (like in the book).

I would remake all them p0rnmovies so I could be the star :-D

seriously; remakes suck... well most of them.

I respect Double Indemnity as a great classic film noir, but imagine what it'd be like in a modern setting. Of course, the main character's actions would be rather different (like slipping a business card into the doorbell - that doesn't work anymore).

Lawrence of Arabia and/or Sparticus. I'd make them terrible too, just so people would hemorrhage over it "OMG you don't touch them classics!" as if a remake somehow makes the originals worse or something

Fiend said:

I'd remake the remake of Psycho.

You're an idiot fiend. I'd probably remake "The Wall" well, not exactly a remake, but a re-try. I love it already, but the current movie is a little rushed and doesn't handle Pink Floyd's concept as good as it should.

m0l0t0v said:

I would remake all them p0rnmovies so I could be the star :-D

seriously; remakes suck... well most of them.

I have seen some pretty good remakes. I usually don't like to see people make remakes because it shows lack of originality, but w/e.

This old movie called "the entity"....it's basically about a evil ghost sexually abusing a lonely woman, a true story by the way.

baronofhell said:

This old movie called "the entity"....it's basically about a evil ghost sexually abusing a lonely woman, a true story by the way.

A few fries short of a happy meal

This must be the same Baronofhell from the Newdoom forum. You sure you're not confusing a scene of Ghostbusters with reality?

baronofhell said:

The super mario brothers movie, make it more like the game somehow.

I think the only way it'll be like a game is if they use CG instead of real people.

Go to your local blockbuster or hollywood video, and rent "the entity", you won't be disappointed. It's an old movie, but pretty freaky imo.

definitely Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I would, however, like to see a sequel more than a remake. The style would be lost, with all the actors aging and all that./

I always thought that Wizards would be a lot better without the rotoscoping and more directed towards adults. It wouldn't hurt to make it a bit longer either.

Also, there are a few remakes that are better than the originals. John Carpenter's The Thing and Ocean's Eleven as a couple of examples.

aliens versus predator! get it done right this time. get rid of paul anderson, and have stan winston make the costumes, not whatever crap company they used