Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacoDoomer

SNES Doom Music

I personally prefer it, has a warmer sound to it, probly because it used actual samples. They sample they chose to replace the guitar seemed unusual though, but still sounded good that way.

I didn't really have a chance to listen to the music, because the game was very laggy when I played it and the music didn't seem to play at a constant rate. I suppose I should download the SPC pack sometime.

On the SNES was actually the first time I've heard music from Doom, period, but yeah, it has its flaws:

1. The music lags a lot
2. Sound channels cut out at random if a lot of other sounds are playing.
3. Some of the instrument samples are horrid.

Regardless, some of its music tracks are still memorable.

yeah sculptured software don't really do good jobs on their music parts, such as overused echo/chorus bits adding alot of extra corn

I have the SPC soundtrack. It's aight, but I don't think I would really use it for anything.

I'd like to get my hands on the old 2.0 Sycraft OGG soundtrack, but you HAVE to get it at FilePlanet, and right now it's being retarded and I can't log in.

I know I've listened to the SNES music off that Doom 64 Depot site before, but I can't remember what they sound like. I remember not liking it too much. One of the console versions--possibly the Jaguar--had fully instrumental/hi-fidelity synthesized versions of several of the songs, which were really cool. Their rendition of E1M1, for instance, used real guitars and even had a solo!

GoatLord said:

Their rendition of E1M1, for instance, used real guitars and even had a solo!

The 3DO music. Sadly, the rest of that console port sucked.

Bloodshedder said:

The 3DO music. Sadly, the rest of that console port sucked.

The rest of the music or the game in general?

The 3D0 music is pretty good, but I sure wish I could get a hold of the Sycraft OGG sountrack 2.0. I'm not a big fan of the 4.0, but it's the only version availible on his site. Fileplanet is the ONLY option for the 2.0 soundtrack and logging in doesn't work there anymore.

In every single post of yours in this thread you mention how SUPAR GRATE Sycraft's soundtrack rendition is. Is he paying you to advertise it or something?

BlackAsDaNight said:

what about the music on the playstation version of doom?

The ambient tracks build the atmosphere IMO but aren't exactly the same doom feel.

The titlemusic and intermisison music however is a completely different story and IMO, nothing can beat it's doom feeling.

/listens to his mp3s

well when i was 10 I would play the playstaion doom relgiously as the soundtrack and the lighting effectws scared me shitless whereas if i played the PC version yeah I would love it but it would not scare me.

Bashe said:

...the Sycraft OGG sountrack 2.0...the Sycraft OGG sountrack 2.0...the Sycraft OGG sountrack 2.0...the Sycraft OGG sountrack 2.0...

Funny mostly irrelavent story: I got someone to download those for Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom, and put them on a CD for me and she labeled the CD "Doom 4 Gokuma goes to Hell. T3h 5uck UNLEASHED." But anyway those Sycraft tracks are freaking good except e2m8 leaves something to be desired.