Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

Doom movie preference

I suppose this is a bit late, what with the movie being done and all, but with the recent "buzz" regarding it, a thought came to mind. Since this is "Doom" the movie, not "Doom³" the movie, how many of ya'll'd (well that's a bastardization of grammar if there ever was one) have prefered that they based the movie off of the original Doom? Or are you happy that they choose it's predecessor? Discuss or something.

DOOM 3 because it was too late for id Software to properly oversee a DOOM movie. Though if it has some subtle references to the original, better so.

DOOM CUBED.

Seriously it doesn't matter since Doom 3 is a retelling of the same story. The advantage of Doom3 is that it has, you know, characters. Also more easily identifiable/transferrable architectures.

PASSION OF THE CHRIST MOTHERFUCKERS.

Heh, no, I'd rather have it off of Doom 3, since the Doom 3 theme seems to fit better with a movie.

baronofhell said:

It would be kinda corny seeing the original hell knight running around the hallways on a mars station!!!

He wouldent look too bad if it was in hell though ;)

passion of the christ, judging from the trailer they both share the badass tough-guy attitude of jesus. it's just too far stretched to be DOOM.

baronofhell said:

It would be kinda corny seeing the original hell knight running around the hallways on a mars station!!!

Why? Because it's a traditional horned demon kind of appearance? Think Balrog in LotR. That looked quite impressive to me and yet a fairly typical Demon in appearance (if somewhat large). I don't think it was OK just because of the fantasy setting either. That monster in a darkened moon base with all sorts of demonic crap going on would look V. scary IMO.

Doom1 for me. The look of Doom3 is less original IMO, and very much a product of the current vogue/fashion in what is supposed to be scary/hellish. It could be any scary movie with monsters.

Despite the apparent contradiction, I think Id's original concept of a more traditional hellish look was more daring, more original and, if properly rendered using modern technology, would be far scarier.

What's more, Doom1 is the classic. Doom3 will come and go. Hell, it's already going. Doom1 is the classic Doom, it's the Doom image, it's the one that will be remembered. It's the one that made the impact. It's the "best game of all time". So it is a shame that the movie won't look like the game that people will remember most, just its pale imitation "big" brother.

Not that it matters because my preference simply isn't going to happen.

Enjay said:
So it is a shame that the movie won't look like the game that people will remember most, just its pale imitation "big" brother.

Or a blessing if the movie is mediocre or sucks.