Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sin`pl

quake 1 mod

hello,
i made few weeks ago, quake 1 mod for original doom 2 (yes, original doom2, not zdoom, not edge etc). why original doom 2? because there is many devices that run it, like n-gage. i made this mod for all symbian based phones (s60/s80/s90). check screens at:

http://www.mglsystem.pl/qdoom/

atm, availabe is demo version... i will think about continue work on this project.
regards, sin

Why are you just remaking the Quake maps? What's the point? If I wanted to play the Quake maps, I'd play Quake .. not Doom maps of them :P

there is no quake 1 port for symbian phones... i was making this mod in the mind to play on phone, not on pc... :P
its like saying heretic/strife/duke/halo/doom3 etc mod for doom1/2 is stupid because u can play them on pc... isnt it?

Imp said:

Those maps seem VERY familar. Make sure you give the people credit who made the maps.

huh? you think i didnt made this map?

Ed said:
Qdoom's been done..

Wasn't QDoom new maps using the Quake resources to fully utilize EDGE?

Hmm, now that I looked at this... the palette should be based on Quake's (it's also 256 colors and you can change it in the wad,) the Quake 2 stuff is quite out of place, and many DOOM textures look equally misplaced. The grenade launcher is indeed impossible without DeHackEd work (at least and to the limited effect of making the the grenade a slow rocket or something like that,) and the best slot for the Lighting Gun is the Plasma Gun. There is nothing in quake like the BFG nor like the Chainsaw, and the SSG should probably be left out since the Shotgun works fine as Quake's SSG.

No idea what engine was used to test this, but it has some issue that causes DrawPatch errors that kill Doom2 and sometimes Eternity (whith the menu, but it gives a warning upon exiting in any case.)

would be a fairly simple piece of dehacked work to replace the fists with the axe, upping the power by stacking a number of punches on top of each other with zero duration

Imp said:

Those maps seem VERY familar. Make sure you give the people credit who made the maps.

blaming is funny, yes? explain me what do you mean! heh.