Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkfanatic

Extended Doom movie trailer

Cool, though, I'm not interested in watching any more media; I'm going to see it anyway and would rather not see the parts in a small comressed format first.

I'm still like, what the fuck, about them being human genetic experiments, but it looks very promising and I really enjoyed the first person sequence. It's definitely looking a lot like Doom 3.

Movies based off video games are hardly ever good. I wans't going to be critical of it until I saw a trailer, but now I have and it doesn't look like its going to be very good either.

i havent got high speed net, so im going to have to wait to see it in theaters, but ive been hearing about first person sequences...this makes me think of house of the dead. this isnt directed by the same guy is it? i hope its not, the guy cant direct.

It's probably the pixilation, but the visuals didn't look THAT good IMO.
However the 1st person views looked pretty nifty.

they seem to focus a lot on the rock in that trailer. I thought karl urban was supposed to be THE marine. rocky does his patented hip-up I see. the first person stuff looks ok, but from what I heard those are unfinished shots so they may turn out better. I hope they don't over use the effect though, like the comic book panel effect in the hulk.

VileSlay said:
like the comic book panel effect in the hulk.

That wasn't really overused; it'd be truly overused (i.e., redundant) if one though it were there only as a silly wink to comics, but panels in movies work well to produce multiple and simultaneous perspectives (sort of like in this movie.)

The first person view is different, though, as it only changes the perspective.

I mean, if it's used once just once so spectators can say "ooh look, like in the games!" then it's dumb; if it has an additional function, like somehow immersing you more into the movie (I doubt it) then it's better.

isnt there a website that has a link to the extended version as a actual file as supposed to someone sitting there with a cam recorder recording it off a big screen in a hall?

fuck i hate streaming... windows media player doesnt stop buffering every 5 second and quicktime just wont load.

EDIT: got it work - it S U C K E D.

I still don't think it's going to be that bad. One might consider my taste in movies questionable, but I know what I like.

WOW that pinky freakin rox, i am sorry to say, that i don't really give a crap that o they changed this....o they changed that, i quite really don't give a crap, it looks good. I am however unhappy at the first person scenes. you have to be realistic, the film looks good, but people who don't play video games will get bored at the fps scene. i think they tried so freaking hard to make it like the game that all they EVER needed to do was to put in hell and everyone would be happy, but NOOOOooo let's chuck in a corny fps scene. well im still gonna go see this.

wallis said:

WOW that pinky freakin rox, i am sorry to say, that i don't really give a crap that o they changed this....o they changed that, i quite really don't give a crap, it looks good. I am however unhappy at the first person scenes. you have to be realistic, the film looks good, but people who don't play video games will get bored at the fps scene. i think they tried so freaking hard to make it like the game that all they EVER needed to do was to put in hell and everyone would be happy, but NOOOOooo let's chuck in a corny fps scene. well im still gonna go see this.

well just like it was said if the fps is used as a tool to further the story, it could be really neat, like where they use fps in movies that aren't based off a game. If not, it will just look tacked on.

Looks very cool, I like a lot the pinky and the fp part. If the rumour is right and the monsters are from hell, then it will be amazing. A must see I think.

wallis said:

My greatest fear {O_O}

gee I wish I was you, I'd have the world in my pocket if that was my greatest fear.

oh and many people have made the RE comparison st. doom, the very thought of that turns my blood cold.

St. Doom said:

Maybe if we're lucky we can get a Ailen clone

which wouldn't be half as bad, despite unoriginality, of course doom itself is inspired heavily by aliens so the similarity is already there, same with starcraft.

maggot_army said:

this makes me think of house of the dead. this isnt directed by the same guy is it? i hope its not, the guy cant direct.

If Uwe Boll was directing it, the opinion of the movie would be even MORE negative than it was.

Xanthier said:

gee I wish I was you, I'd have the world in my pocket if that was my greatest fear.

oh and many people have made the RE comparison st. doom, the very thought of that turns my blood cold.

dude, i love Resident evil, i thought the movie was good, not great, it was okay, don't know what was wrong with it, but then again i love corny stuff. i was just saying my opinion that i think it may look tacked on, the fps scene is the first of THAT kind i have ever seen, and I, me, personally didn't like it. isn't that what forums are for......saying your opinions. and ever heard of sarcasm..... Mmmph.... St. Doom, i like the sound of that,

take it easy I was just being a smart aleck, the RE movie didn't really suck that bad, but it wasn't really memorable either, it was enjoyable enough, and at least the second one was corny enough to be more fun IMHO I just wish the RE movies had taken a different direction, I thought that RE 1 is what made the series great, which was made great by atmosphere and subtlety, and storyline not action and special FX, I think it should have been the story in the mansion, it just could have been so much better. After all the mansion had character, which is why they opted for an old police station too, the lab should have only been at the end.

wallis said:

dude, i love Resident evil, i thought the movie was good, not great, it was okay, don't know what was wrong with it, but then again i love corny stuff. i was just saying my opinion that i think it may look tacked on, the fps scene is the first of THAT kind i have ever seen, and I, me, personally didn't like it. isn't that what forums are for......saying your opinions. and ever heard of sarcasm..... Mmmph.... St. Doom, i like the sound of that,

Patron Saint Of Space Marines

the extended trailer is up on yahoo movies now, if you haven't seen it yet. the synopsis says:

Something has gone wrong at a remote scientific research station on Mars. All research has ceased. Communication has failed. And the messages that do get through are less than comforting. It's a level 5 quarantine, and the only souls allowed in or out are the Rapid Response Tactical Squad - hardened Marines armed to the teeth with enough firepower to neutralize any enemy...or so they think. The research being done at Olduvai station has unwittingly opened a door, and all hell has broken loose. A legion of nightmarish creatures of unknown origin lurks behind every wall and stalks the countless rooms and tunnels of the facility, killing what few people remain. Sealing off the portal to Earth, Sarge, Reaper and their team must use every weapon at their disposal - and some they find along the way - to carry out their orders: nothing gets out alive.

::edit:: looks like I missed udderdudes post on the yahoo posting. sorry, but my attention span has been that of a flea lately.

Reading the synops rather than hearing it now makes me think that the storyline is actually more origional than I thought; I kept thinking they were going to warp it a little bit somehow.